yahama 200 hpdi

yeahookk

Guest skeeter99

one word!!!

BULLETPROOF!!!!!

like the old saying

If you want to get to your fishing spot fast buy a merc, If you want to come home at the end of the day buy a yamaha!!!

it is true I guess, i had a yammie on my skeeter and never touched the thing for 8 years and ran like a top never left me stranded, I upgraded hp and could not refuse the deal I got on a merc and in the second year I had a couple of small issues(but it also never left me stranded) just kinda a pain in the ass

IMO the quality of a yamaha made by (tohatsu) japan is better than most including merc, beefier lower unit and other parts

mind you the powerhead on my engine mercury is a yamaha design (tohatsu)believe it or not. not until you get above 115hp they are true merc's designed in the u.s.a everything under is just painted black and slap on a merc sticker, they just outsourced the engine development and production

think of it as dodge cars and vans with a mitsubishi engine

Edited by skeeter99

one word!!!

BULLETPROOF!!!!!

like the old saying

If you want to get to your fishing spot fast buy a merc, If you want to come home at the end of the day buy a yamaha!!!

it is true I guess, i had a yammie on my skeeter and never touched the thing for 8 years and ran like a top never left me stranded, I upgraded hp and could not refuse the deal I got on a merc and in the second year I had a couple of small issues(but it also never left me stranded) just kinda a pain in the ass

IMO the quality of a yamaha made by (tohatsu) japan is better than most including merc, beefier lower unit and other parts

mind you the powerhead on my engine mercury is a yamaha design (tohatsu)believe it or not. not until you get above 115hp they are true merc's designed in the u.s.a everything under is just painted black and slap on a merc sticker, they just outsourced the engine development and production

think of it as dodge cars and vans with a mitsubishi engine

thxs guys ...its a used 2003 getting a leak down test and a full compression test done on her on wedsnday if all is good she is commin home!!!!!!

the V6 Yamahas are far away from Bulletproof,especially the HPDI both it and the carbed V6s 200-250 have more than there share of issues ,have a look on some of the big US fishing forums where guys run these day in day out,nothing bad can be said for Yamahas small-mid size engines thou they are drop dead reliable both 2 and 4 stroke

Yamaha is a nice engine. You can't go wrong with it :)

Interesting. Are you sure? Yamaha-Mariner, Evenrude-Suzuki and Nissan-Tohatsu. I did not hear about Yamaha-Tohatsu combinations.