What a Storm

We got hammered pretty good in Grimsby here yesterday.

Yesterday around dinner time it was snowing harder than I have seen in a long loooong time. We also got some thunder and lightning along with the snow. I will post a few pics once I dig out the driveway.

Lots of snowmobiles zinging around the roads here last night which is not very common around here.

Cheers

Craig

I'm next door in Winona next to the lake. Similar scene. I heard the thunder yesterday as well during all that snow and was in disbelief.

Anyone remember the blizzard of '77? I was 7 years old and living in Chippawa (just outside of Niagara). Although the winds were much more severe than what we had yesterday....I don't think there was as much snow.

I was born in St.Catharines, lived there for 26 years. My parents have pictures of the '77 storm, massive amounts of snow.

We got atleast 2ft up here in Barrie with drifts well over 4ft. The plow left a 5ft wall at the end of my driveway lastnight, lol.

We got it bad here last night. The wind was just howling. I took a quick video and picture.

Here's the video:

And, our table in the backyard:

2321437884_a461344938_b.jpg

Joey

Edited by Joey

Ya....we set a 24 snow fall record her in K-town for March

A lovley 44cm of snow fell over the last 24 hours <_<

I reeeeeeely am not looking forward to the shoveling right now....

I keep finding odd jobs to procrastinate the inevidable.....

Here in Ottawa the all time record for snowfall is 444.3 cm (14.57 ft) set in the winter of 1970/71. I remember that winter, because that was the year i moved to Ottawa as a 10 year old kid. Well as i went outside this morning, my jaw just about hit the snow (it didnt have far to go). I was in total shock. I was looking at waist high snow drifts (i'm 6ft 5"), the cars were no where to be seen. I knew they were under the snow somewhere. This latest 48 hours of snowfall (starting friday night) brought 51cm of the white stuff, with about 35cm of it coming between 5PM last night and early Sunday morning. Ottawa now sits at 407.3 cm (13.36 ft). I think it's a safe bet that Ottawa will beat the all time record for snowfall by the time the snow stops falling later in march or early april. My prediction is 475cm (15.58ft) will fall by the time it's all said and done. I guess we can be thankful for the january thaw, as we would probably have about about 3 to 4 more ft of snow out there.

Here are a few shots of the snowstorm aftermath.....

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

Happy shovelling folks!! Take lots of breaks.

Cheers,

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Edited by fishinonthebrain

Just a little north of Montreal

Hoops anyone?

Those are unreal snow piles Lungelarry, where north of Montreal are those pics from?

Seems like a big storm from 6 inches in Dallas through 2 feet in Ohio, Ontario , Quebec out to northern Maine.

Wow!

Mike where from in Montreal? I am from Verdun. For those who have never been there in the winter, the streets in Montreal are famous for having snow up that high. The front yards are not very large and the snow gets sometimes up to the tops of windows on the first floor. The only way to get the snow off the streets is by snow blowing it into dump trucks and carrying it away.We used to toboggan off the back garage roof in the fifties and sixties.Folks here in Ontario think when we get 20 centimeter's or more we have had a major storm. Well my son just told me he has the ATVs warmed up,so its time for our weekend ride through this new white fluff! :thumbsup_anim:

Mike where from in Montreal? I am from Verdun. For those who have never been there in the winter, the streets in Montreal are famous for having snow up that high. The front yards are not very large and the snow gets sometimes up to the tops of windows on the first floor. The only way to get the snow off the streets is by snow blowing it into dump trucks and carrying it away.We used to toboggan off the back garage roof in the fifties and sixties.Folks here in Ontario think when we get 20 centimeter's or more we have had a major storm. Well my son just told me he has the ATVs warmed up,so its time for our weekend ride through this new white fluff! :thumbsup_anim:

I am from the South-Shore of Montreal ,Saint-Hubert about 15 mins drive from Verdun.

I willl post some storm pics later.

Mike

Almost 60cm here in Ottawa and since Wednesday combined two storm totals almost 3 feet on the nose. The pics from fishinonthebrain are what it looks like everywhere around the Ottawa area. We have to use a shovel just to get from the front door to the car. The side streets are only just big enough for one car to go down, if there is one coming the other direction you have a problem. I went to my cousins today and my truck which I keep out there with my boat, is completely gone, I had to dig a tunnel to the doors to get in. The rest of the truck was completely gone, my wife asked me where it was, I said right in front of you. She thought it was just a huge pile of snow. My truck is a Ram 1500 full size cab. And my boat , well I couldnt see it at all. All and all pretty incredible stuff, let hope we get the record.

I keep thinking of moving WAY south to get out of the snow... maybe I just need to move North. No snow fall, or any depth for that matter, in Temagami. All we got was the WIND on Saturday. Almost blew me off the sled while crossing Cassels Lake doing 60MPH. Wind picked the sled up on it's side. I didn't even have to shovel the walk up to the cottage from when we were up there three weeks ago! :thumbsup_anim: