Costa Rica Report **PICS**

Well as some of you may know, I was in Costa Rica for the past couple weeks volunteering at a wildlife sanctuary. I spent my time there assisting with the animals and aiding in the construction of new parts of the sanctuary. It was hot, and I'll admit this snow sucks, and I dont like being back in it lol. But we had a blast down there, the animals were fun. The construction work was exhausting, but we got through it. We also had a LOT of time to have some fun, and do a bit of fishing.

n331101291_665096_6585.jpg

Mark hauling some wood

n331100984_665805_8085.jpg

Baby anteater that was rescued

IMG_2204.jpg

one armed monkey, hes a sweetheart

n331101291_665406_6664.jpg

having a bit too much fun

n331101291_665582_4634.jpg

jumping the waterfall in Montezuma

and the fishing ....

IMG_2230.jpg

first cast

IMG_2234.jpg

not sure what this is

IMG_2244.jpg

nice snapper

IMG_2245.jpg

Overall we caught a lot of snapper and little jacks. I lost a big tuna and a roosterfish, my equipment wasnt exactly big game equipment, but what ca ya do? we had fun. The snapper were delcious by the way. Wrapped in banana leaves and cooked over the fire.

I'm envious!!

was supposed to go this year but the budget wouldn't allow it... again.

next year is for certain.

any tips for people whom want to travel and fish the area?

I'm personally more interested in the deep water stuff for billfish but I would like to get exposed to all the available fishing in CR.

I heard there are bonefish there as well. can you confirm?

thanks guys it was a lot of fun. couldnt afford to go for sailfish, but yes there are LOTS of bonefish .... schools of 20-40 of them, but I couldnt hook one. Maybe fly fishers would do well for them.

The tattoo is the G.Loomis logo, but its not meant to be like that. My cousin had the same tattoo and he was killed two years ago, so I got it without hesitation. Mark just happened to have the same one.

Nice report Steve and what a great way to spend a vacation - volunteering to help a wildlife station. Good on you. I had a good friend in the Caribbean or Central America just this past week volunteering with a group of doctors providing medical care. Sounds like a great trip.