Steelies

Josh Rogers

Hey All. Been a while since I posted here but I finally found out how to get my pictures to the right size to post on here so I hope you enjoy these.

Last week the conditions were perfect for steelheading. Nice colour to the water not flowing too fast after the rain and melt. I started my week on Tuesday. This was the first fish of the day caught on a pink worm.HPIM0063.JPG

Batteries died in the camera after this one but I got 3 more and my buddy got 1. Not a bad day!

Wednesday the waters had cleared a little and there was a slush buildup on some parts of the water. Drifted right next to one of these slush spots and immediately hooked up. Landed that fish and went back and drifted the same spot and hooked a nice 8 lb female

A little while later I moved down to fish some new water and hooked this bruiser. (Still using pink worms)HPIM0066.JPG

Sorry about the double post guys but I have one more picture that I want you to see. We moved farther down and after spending about 20 minutes clearing slush and ice at my favourate spot I proceeded to catch nothing. So I decided to start moving up through the slush in the creek. Get to another fav spot and first drift hook a monster. Fish takes 100 feet of line going down so I start chasing. Catch up and he starts going up taking about another 75 ft. So I move back up get him close and he decides he's goint back down again. This time no chasing just faught him back to me and landed this 34.5 - 35 inch beauty!HPIM0067.JPG

Went back on Thursday and got 4 more none as big as this one though!

Hope you enjoyed this. There will probably be more to come soon!

ATF