Fianlly, a new job....sort of

motv8tr

Well it's been three VERY LONG years but I've finally been transfered back to operating the subway. I got the news the day before the Tyler event and have spent the last two weeks studying and taking my 9 day requalification course. Thursday afternoon I was given my certificate and it's now official. Starting Monday, if any of you have occasion to use the Yonge/University/Spadina line, ya just never know who might be bounching you around or closing the doors on you :P

This change will take at least 30-45 minutes off my commute each way :thumbsup_anim: along with about 60km/day shorter, should save me a bit of money. No more fighting with the traffic, worrying about the weather, oh it's going to be so nice to be underground :D . I will miss the customers I met while at Wheel Trans, but I really needed the change.

So now that the stress of tests is over, I can focus on sending out the auction items and start thinking about what I'm going to do with my boat :Gonefishing:

Maureen

Mo,

Main thing is your happy with the move and 45 minutes closer to the kids :)

I'll be looking for a driving job as well after the plant closes in July. Going back to the Otario Driving School for my "C"...Got a DZ right now but I would really like to drive a Greyhound eventually. Around here you got to wait until someone retires and the line up for this job is pretty big but I got nothing but time.

Cheers !!!

Congrats Maureen

Can't beat a shorter commute these days. Every day there seems to be more traffic. I commute to Oakville every day from Niagara. I've been doing it for about ten years. I can't believe how much the traffic has increased towards Niagara over those ten years.

Enjoy

Cheers

Craig

Congratulations Maureen. I cringe everytime I find out I have to go to Toronto. With your new job you shouldn't have to worry all day long about the crazy drivers down there doing the unexpected, until you are going to and from work.

Tom.

Congrats to you Maureen. Personally, I think it's a conspiracy. The TTC just doesn't want you steering anything.

Ha ha ha ...... congrats..

Congrats Maureen!

Does that make you a "Train Engineer"??

No, I'm just an operator ;) , only the ones lucky enough to drive the big engines are engineers :P

Sooo... when we meeting for that coffee???

I'm working on it, off weekends right now, hoping to confirm the boat card class, you still up for that?

WTG kid, now does this mean you will have to work shifts/weekends? Glad to hear you don't have to commute so far anymore!

I've been working shifts for a few years now Cliff, I won't get the hours I was getting but I'll do ok, starting April I'll be working from 10:30am to 6:30pm, not too bad with my measly seniority :P...oh and I'll have Tues/Wed off, so I can be on the water when everyone else is at work :D

Maureen

:thumbsup_anim:

Congrats. on re-qualifijng Moe, thr hours dont seem too bad for a Rooky!

Dont forget to pull your head in soon enough :whistling:

Definately an ideal shift,............. for fishing.

Would you be able to fit a Lazyboy in your boat??????????? :sleeping_02::sleeping_02: