Fishing the Lady

Got out over to the other side of the lake and stayed with some great friends... got myself out fishing the day while they were at work.... and had the best time of my life on the ice...

Thursday I got out and set up, put my good ol William's spoon down, two jigs and fish on... Ya.. this is gonna be a good day... spoon back down and fish on again... rolled it and several more before I got another on the ice... Ok.. 2 whities on the ice.... time to switch up for trout... I left my hut at my hole and moved my jimmy away, made a new hole and started fishing for trout... I kept moving back and forth, from my jimmy hole's to my hut holes.. ended up icing 9 whities, releasing all but the 2 I kept to take to my girlfriends for a fish fry...

My 2 whites kept....

fishingMar6708007.jpg

All day I'd been fishing by this fellow who just couldn't get a fish... He moved around a couple times...I chatted with him about the lake, different jigs, spoons and techniques... Later in the afternoon, when the crowds cleared out...he moves his whole setup over to where I'm fishing and he's still having trouble getting a fish... I thought he had a badboyz on and went over to tell him how to jig it.... but found out he'd changed to a spoon... and we started talking about his humming bird fish finder and he showed me all its bells and whistles... He looked at mine and asked me if his camera man could take film of my fish finder with my lure in action.... I then FOUND OUT WHO THIS GUY WAS... and he was trying to get a fish to do a show... Well... I was floored... I couldn't believe it... Since he was trying to do a show, I OFFERED him MY honey HOLE... he said no, it was fine, he'd just set up behind me... but I INSISTED.. I told him I already had my whities and was after trout and this whole just seemed to be full of whites.. take the hole and I'll go fish where my Jimmy is.... So, he took the hole...Shook my hand a couple times while asking my name, and thanked me for my kindness....

Not long after I gave him my honey hole.... he finally gets a fish on.... and his camera man starts filming.. SO, I ran over real fast with my camera... I was to shy to ask him to let me take his pic.. and thought while he's busy filming, I'll just crab a few.. hehehe... and here they are...

fishingMar6708001.jpg

fishingMar6708003.jpg

This one, he's talking into the camera, and the fish gets off.. thats MY JIMMY in the back ground... :thumbsup_anim:

fishingMar6708005.jpg

The fish got off while he was doing his filming and I don't believe he ICED a fish that day.... but it sure is exciting to know.. he did get one on, from MY HONEY HOLE... :thumbsup_anim:

It was an amazing day out there with the fish bite ON.. and this just topped my day... I just might have 15 minutes of fame... :clapping:

I got to my girlfriends and made them a nice fish and chips dinner and I'm sure, drove them nuts with my excitement over my day... I hardly slept last night. I got back out this morning, got 2 whities for my dinner table, in less than an hour, and headed for home....

An amazing couple days of fishing and the weather was just beautiful... didn't even wear a coat out there...

Gotta go clean some fish now.... :D

One week left..... GET FISHING.. the BITE is ON...

Edited by LadyWalleye

Now that is a spectacular report Shelley. There must have been something in the air out there yesterday eh!!! Strange things happening and now that I find out were were not far from each other, sheesh.

You giving Italo your honey hole is classic.

Way to go girl!!!!

Joey

Shelley...You're the queen of the Whitefish !!!

I hope the expected snow doesn't make travelling too bad out on the lake for next week...a lot of peoples will be disappointed...

Shell....

What a great day(s) out on the ice for you.

I dont get on here much but have seen some of your an Joey's reports and they are just awesome...WTG ..folks..WTG.

Funny about Italo.....

February 29th....I was heading out back onto to the BOQ for some hardwater,,

Went into Skevy's for my mudminnows and ran into Italo on my way out.

Huh ..I thought as I sat in thje truck...I went back in with my camera and got a few pics of us together...

He had just come in from the morning bite with Nadda...thats right Nadda..he got one jumbo perch..but exclaimed that he got the whole thing on film..WTG ..Italo.

the bite was great for me that evening tho...went 4-4 between 4-6lbs....(Red/Gold LilCleo)..in about 1 1/2 hrs then stayed on to catch near 15 more only just for the sport and quickly released them.

It sure was a great season out this way too.

I'm p'O'd I never got to get out with you folk this year as well as Shane...

Next year for sure.....Maybe there is still time for this year still.

Whatchs think?

Pete

Your action pics of Italo are a heck of alot beetter then mine for sure.

Ahhhh, not like the good ol days for Italo. Back in the day, he would have asked to re-hook one of your fish to his own line so the cameraman could film him reeling it in! Then Henry and him would ooooohhh and ahhhhhh over the colours while they both stroked the poor fish repeatedly! LOL

It was good meeting you again Shelly!! Love that Jimmy!! Thanks for the ride out in the morning. I dont blame you for being nervous around those cracks. Way to show Italo how its done!! Till next time......

BTW I think my mitts are on your dash still.