Earth Hour - NF

ccmtcanada

Earth Hour - March 29th, beginning at 8PM  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Have you heard of Earth Hour?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you planning on participating at home?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Is your work/school participating?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

Conserving energy and reducing the stress on the power grid is in many people's best interest. I do not want to make this a global warming debate, but rather simply ask if anyone has heard of this and how many are planning on participating.

Here's a little background.... (taken from http://www.earthhour.org/about)

"On 31 March 2007, 2.2 million people and 2100 Sydney businesses turned off their lights for one hour - Earth Hour. This massive collective effort reduced Sydney's energy consumption by 10.2% for one hour, which is the equivalent effect of taking 48,000 cars off the road for a year. With Sydney icons like the Harbour Bridge and Opera House turning their lights off, and unique events such as weddings by candlelight, the world took notice. Inspired by the collective effort of millions of Sydneysiders, many major global cities are joining Earth Hour in 2008, turning a symbolic event into a global movement"

So, what do you think about Earth Hour? My office is participating in this event...and our family will also participate at home.

I'm in...now if we could all just get together with the gas thing...

Bingo, you win that one hands down. Just saw a $1.15 for diesel, what are they nuts.

And no, I'm not turning off my lights any earlier. If the cityies turned off all the high rise office towers, Goverment building lights, etc, we would never have an electricity shortage.

I agree with the negatives. How could turning lights off at any time of the day help anything at all? I turn em on when I get up, and maybe turn em off when I go to bed, but not too likely.

More Bull, some sorta commie pinko plot. I hate this crap, leave me alone. I don't buy into anything. Well, maybe the local energy provider, I buy into that, but none of this Bull about reducing the amount of energy I consume.

Ok, Ok, Ok, I'm a little bit afraid of the dark, but you still can't make me buy into any of this Bull.

Edited by douG