NO DUMP IN MONETVILLE!!

Muskieman

I wonder why that it is not whoever makes the garbage recycles it.

Can't seem to understand why one by one all Northern Ontario towns will have to sign petitions not to have Toronto's garbage dumped on them. The Ontario Government will keep trying until one town isn't big enough to fight back.

I was under the impression that most of our garbage in Toronto and Ontario goes to the US...am I wrong?

-Ben

A lot of it does right now but that is coming to an end. Michigan has been trying for several years to put a stop to it and introduced mini-bans on such things as plastic pop bottles etc. The Toronto-Michigan contract ends in 2010 and London will absorb the trash from that point on.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/200...onto-trash.html

Edited by SlowPoke

While this is good news, I'm still waiting to see it posted on some type of news website or the municipal website before I will believe it....call me cynical.

Wallyboss, this isn't the government doing this. The town’s council passed a bylaw to allow the rezoning of the land after Halton recycling purchased it. Then the town tried to have the bylaw rescinded, but could not. So they decided to spend more money and hire lawyers to appeal the bylaw.

Leave it to politicians to screw up a great area. Hope everyone remembers them come the next election.

Here is the previous thread regarding this issue.

Halton in Noelville