25th aniversary at work

ChrisK

Well ,

Yesterday was my 25th year aniversary for me at work. They took a picture of me and handed me a envelope with some pictures of gifts and asked me to choose one......

See if you can guess what gift I decided on :whistling:

25.jpg

Use this list, It might just make it easier for ya :rolleyes:

25001.jpg

Chris

:lol: :lol: :lol: I thought item number 2005 was an "inflatable cushion", for those "senior moments/movements/predicaments".

No, I did not think that was your choice.

I am presently at 28 yrs./5 months/ 4 days in, at my workplace. Been there since June 22nd of 1977(right out of high school, wrote my last exam, got on my 10 speed, and 20 min. later was working), but worked part time until Oct. 2/79 when I was hired on full time.

I got a real nice certificate of appreciation(in a rather nice document holder, I am sure it was not cheap) in 2004, and a photo of me with our newer president and I shaking hands, :lol:

30 yrs. in will be different though. I will attend that ceremony and dinner.

Congrats Chris, I think some of us like you and I are a dying breed, with respect to 1 yr. renewable contract positions, 3 yr. contract positions, etc. My new director, who replaces our previous director(full time, got a new job in Dubai after less than 2 yrs. with us), who replaced the previous director(26 yrs.) is a 3 yr. contract employee, renewable upon review of performance. Guess I should not tick him off in any way, :lol:

.....I'm with you Lew, got a watch would have taken a rod and reel. Mind you I had 27 years in before I got my 25 year watch....lol I'm in my 29th year now and it would seem that a one job career these days is rare. Congratulations Chris.

Oh and I'm sure Carol's going to love the ring Chris. ;)

I'll choose the ladies watch. Such a gift may get you an extra few days of fishing this year. Congrats Chris on 25 years. Like the others, I got a watch for my 25th and entering my 29th. Before I can 'officially' retire with full benefits .... I'll have dang near 50 years in.

wow thats a life time for sure,congrads :thumbsup_anim: ,if i had to pick one id pick the digital recorder so i could take a video of me walking away :thumbsup_anim::clapping: lol

no really id pick some-thing for my wife after all shes all that matters :blush: ok ok AHHHHHHH lol

Hawg Hunter

Congratulations on making 25 years! I made 25 at my company as well. Unfortunately, on my 25th anniversary I was lying in intensive care after having suffered a major heart attack. Now I am on LTD. It was a blessing in disguise. Now I can fish whenever I want to!

Keep up the good work.

Michael

after 25 I got a watch , I had a watch , now the rod and real looks good BUT If i had to choose I would pick a present for the wife and use the brownie points such a choise would bring and go to the sportsman show and BUY LOTS AND LOTS with the wifes blessing lol . Funny how the time flies in 1972 I just finshed school and was gonna work for the summer and than seak my fortune , its now 2008 aqnd Im still at my same summer job ???? 36 years , Good luck Muskiestudd I think we are the last generation that will have guys like us with 25+ years in the same company.

wow thats a life time for sure,congrads :thumbsup_anim: ,if i had to pick one id pick the digital recorder so i could take a video of me walking away :thumbsup_anim::clapping: lol

no really id pick some-thing for my wife after all shes all that matters :blush: ok ok AHHHHHHH lol

Hawg Hunter

Take the rod and reel. Did anyone notice on the paper it's called a Stardic :w00t: ? Really,maybe that is a present for the wife :thumbsup_anim: .

Edited by kennyman

as others have said a rare breed indeed to last that long with one employer for me I received a watch at 25 years and a ring for 35 yrs of service finally retiring at 38 years second longest employee with the corporation.

First things first......

Thank you all for the kind words but this 25th year aniversary comes bitter sweet. In July our facility will be closing its doors and sending everything to mexico and will be sporting the new name "Continental" Some of our Siemens technology will be sold to Brose and the factory will remain empty until further notice. Sad really but I beleive things happen for a reason....One door closes and another opens.....

Now for the gift I have chosen........................... its the Stardic(stradic) reel combo :lol: Love their typo... Was there really any other choice ????

My wife Carol was gracious enough to pass up on my offer of diamonds and jewlery for my happyness,she's the best....

Besides I needed a new set up for this Junes G2G at Lakair and I think the Stradic/Compre combo is going to fit the bill . I here theres another Big Pike prize thats going to be on the table awaiting me :whistling:

Greencoachdog has all the big pike hot spots iconed on his GPS just incase we don't fish together that day so you guys can follow him around this time..... :D

Cheers !!!