POLL: Algonquin Park - Interior

Stoty

Algonquin Park - Interior  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best area for (1) Decent Sized Fish (2) Least amount of traffic

• Happy Isle/Merchant/Redrock Lakes
    • Sec/Wet/Little Sec Lakes
    • Shall/Booth/Farm/Crotch Lakes

We alway find ourselves making plans for our next trip on the way home from the last one.

Thats soo true Dan! Heck, since I cant make up my mind which spot to go, I am planning my next trip, before I take this trip! hahaha.

Yes crotch lake has produced some very big pike for the size of the lake,my friend fishes there in the summer and i have seen some pike close to 20lbs, :whistling::w00t:B) it would be my choice for sure,and catch & release keeps them getting bigger and bigger as he and his dad have fished there for over 40yrs,and when his dad first started there they never got a pike for over 10lbs or so !!!! so its proof that letting the big ones go pays off,so good luck in your choice as they are alll very good fish holding bueatifull shield lakes !!!!!....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Voted for Shall/ Booth/Farm etc.. Good bass fishing, some pike there and trout in Booth.

Can even access Opeongo through Booth.

Smoke/Ragged etc is good for bass with brookies in S. Porcupine.

The best Algonquin fishing has to be Petawawa R. from L.Travers to McManus however.

Non- stop smallies, channel cats, even chance at walleye and musky.

Hope that hleps,

ehg

OK, I just talked to my buddy and he wants to bass/pike fish, so looks like we are going to hit up Booth/Farm/Crotch area!!

Would anyone recommend any sites on Booth lake? Better yet, does anyone have any pictures of the sites on Booth at all?

Thanks again for all your input!

*Stoty