Sportsman Show

Radnine

Hi all,

Apparently LeBaron has a tax free event at their store in March and at the Sportsman show.

Does anyone know how big of a set-up they have at the show? It has been years since I went.

I am asking because I have a shopping list in mind, and if all of the items are at the show, I can use the no-tax thing to offset the cost of driving to and getting in, the show.

Now, if they just use the show to sell off last year’s left-overs, and my items may not be there, mail order would be the way to go (the no-tax thing does not apply to mail orders).

On a separate note, after starting a firestorm about their crappy website I have been looking closer at LeBaron. I have to be honest, the great prices and cheap shipping and handling rates are helping me to get over the PDF catalogue thing.

Thanks.

I have no idea how large their booth is going to be. The last time I saw one of their set-ups was at the Fishing show at the International Centre in February 2007. At that show, they also had a tax free event going. The booth was a good size, and the items that they carried were all current. What I found at that show was that it was important to shop all of the different suppliers who had exhibits. Prices on certain items varied from one place to another. I cased the whole show for what I was looking for, and then took my business back to the places where I could get the best deal. For Lebaron's, it ended up being two Shimano Stradic reels. I guess at the end of the day ...... caveat emptor (buyer beware).

Michael

The exhibitor list says they'll be at booths 1739, 1839, and 7100 on this floorplan.

1739 = 1,500sf (25x60)

1839 = 3,500sf (50x70)

7100 = 2,000sf (40x50)

May as well consider 1739 and 1839 to be one 5,000sf booth with a walkway up the middle. South edge of the main hall, just right/east of center. The smaller 7100 booth is at the bottom right of the floorplan.

I've been checking the exhibitors list now and then, doing my standard "what we want to see" spreadsheet and color-coded floorplan. Between the site's Feb 11 and Feb 28 updates, 102 new entries popped up on the exhibitors list. I assume there'll be another update coming.

As it sits now, I'm seeing 40-odd exhibitors assigned to booth numbers that do not appear on the posted floorplan.

Just over 100 booths shown on the floorplan are still empty as of the Feb 28th exhibitors list. These include the 3 large booths (2539, 2527, 2501) up the right wall of the main hall. The other empties are pretty evenly spread out over the rest of the show area.

None of the booths in the 9000 block (top left, near Rare Breeds Show Ring) are mentioned on the exhibitor list.