Daytona Beach Area

The Provider

They run headboats out of Ponce Inlet or Port Orange.

There is also two piers to fish off of, one is right in the thick of things it's called the Main Street pier right at the boardwalk the other is called Sunglow Pier it is in south Daytona past the Dunlouton (spelling?) bridge right on A1A. I like going to the Sunglow better than the Main St pier, not as many people and you don't have to put up with the spring break crowd. Both places you can rent a rod and reel and purchase bait. No license required to fish off the piers the last time I was down.

The bluefish should be biting and quite possibly the spanish will be in, blues like to snack on finger mullet. Other fish like whitey's or sheephead will take sand crabs or shrimp.

Good Luck!

Thanks, looks like I am getting out of here right on time, the snow, it will blow!!! I have been looking to charter as well, found a couple through Google, I should probably talk to some locals when I arrive and feel out the bait shops as well.

There is a real nice bait shop on A1A two blocks north of the Sunglow pier. It's in a little shoping center on the opposite side of the street, if the name is the same it's called the Fishin Hole. The guy always took care of me and if I'm not mistaken he had a board up in the place that listed the local charters.

Don't know the name of the street but it is on the mainland side and runs along the inner harbour...

My bro-in-law and myself found a pawn shop with lots of rods a reels at reasonable prices...

We had already bought a couple of outfits at Wally-Mart and were kicking ourselves that we hadn't discovered this place first...

Either way we saved the $5.25 rental fee every day we used them...6 days and they paid for themselves... :whistling:

The Fishing Hole was a great bait and tackle store...used filleting knives for $2.00

Don't know the name of the street but it is on the mainland side and runs along the inner harbour...

I believe that is Ridgeway

Beans I always enjoyed going into the Fishin Hole, don't know why or how but the guy seemed to remember me on my annual trip down. The guy at the Sunglow was them same way he'd always great us "Hey look, it's the fellas from Dayton Ohio". Can't tell ya how many sunrises I watched from that pier. Good times!

I believe that is Ridgeway on the west side and Cardinal on the east side of the Halifax

Beans I always enjoyed going into the Fishin Hole, don't know why or how but the guy seemed to remember me on my annual trip down. The guy at the Sunglow was them same way he'd always great us "Hey look, it's the fellas from Dayton Ohio". Can't tell ya how many sunrises I watched from that pier. Good times!

Edited by Whopper