Hard to Believe (NF)

camillj

Actually 366 days to be exact ... Since my last fix of the old pals (Players Light Regular)... still got a carton sitting on the stve (prbably a little stale now) ... just in case :)

Just thought I'd share for those of you that keeps track of such things ... and for anyone considering it ... it was actually a LOT easier than I ever thought it would be ... I had never tried quitting before because I dont like to fail ... and wasnt too sure I would have what it takes to beat it ... but here we are and honestly glad I did it.

My advice if you wanna do it ... just do it ... dont mess around with substitutes ... cold-ass-turkey all the way

"cold-ass-turkey all the way...that's the way I did it too"

Me too...but it sure wasn't easy...much harder than giving up the booze...but it was simple...just quit putting them in my mouth and the cravings got further and further apart...now the smell of them has become an aversion...

So congratulations on a year...I admire anyone that quits no matter what method they use...My wife used the patch...my oldest son used hypnotism...whatever it takes...just do it !

I like the ad they have out now where the doctor sez..."Nope...we can't operate"

He could have been referring to Maribeth if she hadn't quit about a year before a major operation...

Wow, that did go by rather fast. I'm very impressed. My problem is I don't want to quit right now. Unfortunately, I enjoy it too much.

I guess my day will come when I've had enough and then I'll try cold turkey first, see if I can quit - Again!!

Congrats bud, that's fantastic.

Joey

I'll have almost two years in this August. I tried and failed more times than I could count before it finally stuck.

Sometimes I calculate the number of cigarettes I would have smoked but haven't because I quit. It's up around 15000. Also, I make the payments on my quad with the money I used to spend on butts.

Congratulations! – Now throw out that old carton. You won’t need it because you are a non-smoker now. You are not a guy taking it a day at a time, or hoping you don’t go back, or a guy who just quit – you are a guy that doesn’t smoke. Period.

You are also learning that there is life after smokes. You can eat a meal without one after; you can talk on the phone and drink coffee without one in your hand. What you’re learning is that you are living life the way the other 80% of the people in he world do everyday without the thought of a smoke ever entering their head. What a concept!

You are also going to learn what its like to not be the only guy in the place that smells like smoke and you are going to find you can sit and relax without having to go outside in ridiculous weather to do a completely un-natural thing.

You have also guaranteed that you will live longer to do the things that you love, like fishing!

Believe me you have done the greatest thing for you and those that care for you that you could have ever done.

Now I used the patch (which I realize makes me a tosser listening to you cold turkey types) but the end result is the same. I quit 12 years ago and from the day I stopped ‘til now, have never had a craving and have never missed it. Don’t get me started about how much better everything tastes……

Edited by Radnine

Thanks all !

I appreciate the support .. and if it means anything to y'all ... I can honestly say it is because of a few OFC'ers that I went from not having the next cigarette last March 4th to ... not having another one since .... I hadnt really thought of quitting .. and I definitely didnt realize that the last cigarette I had was going to be my last ... but I made the (mistake) of mentioning it here when I returned home from driving my daughter to school when a bunch of you pounced on my poor unsuspecting soul with all this support and encouragement that I was literally embarrassed into carrying through with it ... and here I am over a year later ... and truly a believer in my self and the ability ( I never thought I had in me) to kick the beast ... so in a word .. Thanks !!!!

You know who you are !

And for any of you thinking of giving it a try ... you have a family here who truly care and will support your efforts (when the time is right for you)... just let us know ... and believe ... because you DO have the power to do it.

PS .. sorry CC I didnt realize I was smokin ya out :)