Lures attract fisherpeople.. not fish

irishfield

On a side note (or back to the origin of the post???) Yes all lures are designed for anglers, because even if it is the "best lure ever" if no one buys it it can't catch fish.

Most, if not all, fish are coloured on the top/side and white on the bottom. Very few of them however poses phosphorescence of any kind.

Just some observations.

Just from my own observations color can be very important and not at all logical. Fished the Georgian Bay years ago and a black buzzbait or jitterbug out produced a white buzzbait or perch colored jitterbug in clear water during the day.

Fished East Harbor down here, me and a partner throwing the same plastic worm different colors, he had 4 fish landed me without a hit throwing to the same spots. I switched colors to his and started catching fish, clear shallow water. A lot of times I will change colors before the type of lure.

All the baitfish I have seen were light on the bottom darker on top, I favor that pattern unless I am trying to imitate crawfish or gobies, then all dark is good. Night time I think all the are doing is sensing movement , feeling vibrations, chasing shadows, I don`t worry much about color at night but tend to go with the program, dark lures at night.

Much more success on baits that aren`t perceived as night time lures at night over noisy surface lures, jig and pig, texas rigged worm worked for me.

Ok,

So it looks like we will go with the 11 people above and Gerritt who sent a pm.

Here is the lure list

1. Shallow shad runner

2. Counterstrike

3. Inferno

4. Portege

5. Titan

6. Impulse

7. K-9

8. Loc-jaw

Here is the list of participants

1. Toronto Angler

2. Gerritt

3. Gbay Giant

4. Crazy hook

5. Kicking Frog

6. Ben Beattie

7. Largemouth

8. Billm

9. Ranger 520vx

10. capt bruce

11. Yellow Boat

12. Barnies Band

Each pearson will recieve 1 of each of the lures listed above (8 in total per person)

The lures will be here sometime in May at which time I will make arrangements with each person to get them the lures.

I am going to need an e-mail adress from each person so I am able to contact you when the lures arrive.

Please send an e-mail to [email protected] Titled "Black Lures" with the e-mail adress you would like to be contacted at.

There will be more lure tests in the future, so If you missed out on this one don't worry there will be more.

Thanks,

Ryan

Thanks for the great chance to put some of my pet theories to the test. I believe that colors are very important to turn on inactive fish , active fish are easy to fool (or should I sat easier) and I have proven it many times on the charter boat when the bite was good I would cut a spoon shape from a beer can punch a hole at either end and with a split ring , a swivel and a hook put it down on the rigger and it would catch as many as any high priced NK (got me a few nice tips doing this , would tell about the old native guide that taught me how to cut the special shape lol) but when the bite was slow I would spend hours at the back of the boat changeing up colors and sizes , trolling speads etc. to get a few in the box .