Name that boat!

Landlocked

Hi folks,

I'm having the pinstriping on our 23 Four Winns redone and thought it would be a good time to change the name of her!

Few details: our last name is White, we have two young boys and will be used primarily for downrigging on Lake Erie for picke...er....walleye and steelhead.

Any suggestions on a new name?

White Knuckles (rippin across those erie swells at 35 mph)

Wallhead (walleye/steelhead)

Steeleye (same premise reversed)

2 for 2 (2 boys after 2 species)

Pick.....errrrr.....Walleye

Pickeye (pickeral/walleye)

Erie-sistable

Erie-placeable

White Noise

White Nights

White-Caps

Will continue thinkin, this is fun lol

Hi folks,

I'm having the pinstriping on our 23 Four Winns redone and thought it would be a good time to change the name of her!

Few details: our last name is White, we have two young boys and will be used primarily for downrigging on Lake Erie for picke...er....walleye and steelhead.

Any suggestions on a new name?

I certainly don't want to bring you any bad luck if you haven't heard of this, but isn't it bad luck to change your boats name?

As for new names, I third the name White CapSS

I certainly don't want to bring you any bad luck if you haven't heard of this, but isn't it bad luck to change your boats name?

As for new names, I third the name White CapSS

You're right, changing the name is generally bad luck but I found there is a "procedure" to go through which usually involves a few cronies and many "refreshments" to bring in the new name. :stretcher:

I second the no name change, its bad luck.

Even if you buy a boat from someone else and the boat has a name, you shouldn't change the name. But, if you can't live with the name someone else gave and the name change is a must, you should re-christen the boat with the new name preferably by a woman and with a bottle of champagne.

6 letter name is also bad luck

Flashbacks of the Mythbusters renaming boats "Mythtanic" and "Mythtanic II" before intentionally sinking them.

First thing to cross my mind was a slightly reworked Four Winns logo, with "Whites" substituted for Winns.

My vote goes to Blaque's "Pick...err...Walleye" though. Funny, approachable and unique.

The proper way to change the name of a boat is a party to remove the name and another party to give the new name.

How about "Whiteout"

"10 miles out"

May Day May Day, I'm Ten Miles Out, 15 miles off whatever point. might be a little confusing,sort of like Who's on first.

Poseidon is a mighty god and Neptune a mighty King. Two Gods I would not want to have P.O'd at me while out on Erie in high seas and the wind howling all down the length of this great inland sea. You had better follow Roy's link and treat it as gospel!

Best of luck with your new boat and many happy trips out on Erie. :Gonefishing:

How about NotLandLocked? But then again, count the letters. Thirteen of them, better not try that one. :whistling: