Bassin' Magazine

Stoty

Hey everyone,

My wife just informed me that you cannot subscribe to Bassin' magazine if you live in Canada.

Apparently she was trying to get me that for my bday, but said they wont take Canadian subscribers.

Whats up with that?

*Stoty

Hey Stoty,

Check out Bassmaster magazine. Much better mag compared to Bassin', at least in my eyes, and it is one subscription I have never regretted.

Even have a deal on right now for Canadian subscribers - $26.95 for 11 issues. Can't beat that!

http://proxy.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmast...pRedirect=index

Good Fishing,

Justin

Must be a new thing, I used to subscribe no problem. The mag is not that great, imho. I'm being generous in that statement. After I chose not to renew they sent about eleventeen thousand notices demanding this or that. I ignored it and eventually they stopped. I think they also sent me their sister publication Crappie magazine, and I didn't want it, but they wanted me to pay for it anyways. Ignored those notices too and they stopped.

I wouldn't do business with them again for the simple fact that I think it's a bit underhanded to send somebody something they didn't request and then demand payment for it. Why is the onus on me to return or cancel something I never asked for.

Charles

We get stuff like that from time to time. Once a place gets your name/address .. they think you're theirs for life and takes forever for them to go away. If we are sent something that we did not order, request, or otherwise ... we deem it to be ours without obligation to return it or pay for it. We do with it as we please ... typically file #13.

read some of those mags...but its hard to relate to some of the lakes and structure that they talk about in their articles...its like night and day different kind of bass fishing up in Canuck land. but the odd time you find a gem of info that works up here too.

Looking at pics of bass that are bigger than an average sized dog is also kind of hard to relate to, kinda like looking at pics of Ferrari's etc...ya they are a car got 4 wheels like yours in the driveway, but that about where the similarity ends...:)

Guest lundboy

InFisherman will ship to Canada, but up until the dollar equality it cost almost $45US/year for a subscription. You could buy it cheaper at the newstand.

I think it might be better now, but I only sub to Bassmaster now.

One of the benefits of being in Kingston and fairly close to the border is that I can rent a Post Office box in New York State, yes the cost has increased over the fifteen years I've had the box, but I save that money on my subscriptions.

You see the ads for one year for a good price and then read the fine print for Canadian rates and they triple, as mentioned previously, over $45.00 for a year.

When the US dollar was really costly, some of the mags wanted over $50.00 per year for Cdn mailing.

I visit my box once a month, sometime more often when items arrive from eBay.

Like I said, it's a positive thing being close to the border, anyone can do it.