Top 10 OFAH Fish in Ontario Out of Doors Magazine.

ccmtcanada

In order to enter, you should have to take a pic of the fish, with your forum username and a peice of paper the time/date :) Anyone could make up measurements if they want. I am sure there are a few people on that list that just wanted to see their name on the internet, lol!

A 27 inch speck from Wilmot................COME ON!!!!!!!!!! At least make it beleivable!

Makes me mad when I hear crap like this.It takes away from peoples accomplishments with real trophy fish.

36 inch walleye....NOT!

53 inch Pike NOT!!!!!!

Hey Mepps guess we should have added 6 inches to our pike too!

29 inch largemouth........... do the math on that, they don't even come that long on the Stick Farm or other Trophy southern waters.

I am going to submit my 22 inch perch this year!

A 27 inch speck from Wilmot................COME ON!!!!!!!!!! At least make it beleivable!

Makes me mad when I hear crap like this.It takes away from peoples accomplishments with real trophy fish.

36 inch walleye....NOT!

53 inch Pike NOT!!!!!!

Hey Mepps guess we should have added 6 inches to our pike too!

29 inch largemouth........... do the math on that, they don't even come that long on the Stick Farm or other Trophy southern waters.

I am going to submit my 22 inch perch this year!

That pretty much sums it up Bucktail.

DanC, I was thinking the same thing about Bountyhunter that it might be a steelhead but was not 100% sure. Your friend Beamish always enter some nice catches. I figure you didn't enter because the way they run it and we all here on the board have seen your pics.

It not all about the size (LOL) Cliff mention it best "it was just a honour to be nominated"

The 2006 In-Fisherman Region 2 ( southern us) catch and release bass.

Region 2

Mark S. Held Magruder L., GA 28" 11/28 1/2F Lucky Craft

Pete Rosko Golf Course L., FL 27.125" 6/4 Crippled Herring/wht

Pete Rosko Golf Course L., FL 26.25" 6/19 Erie Shiner Spinner/gld

John Martins Lake Tarpon, FL 26" 1/29 D n/a

J. Steve Crouch Big Shanty, GA 26" 3/22 1/2D XCalibur/ornge

Hans Wentz Bay L., FL 25" 1/15 F+1 shiner

Jimmy Chambers Big Shanty, GA 25" 4/20 jig & pig/blu-blk

Chris Simonds Lake Istokpoga, FL 24.25" 1/28 D-1 live shiner/gld

Cecil Lunsford Lake Fork, TX 24" 4/3 jig & Speed

I have a 24 inch inch x 18 largemouth on the wall beside me that freaks me out. Its 7 lbs and change.

I know this shouldnt bother me but it does.

I grew up in quinte and 34 inch eye is the biggest I have ever seen close up yet every week from Oct to Feb28th someone is catching a 16 lb plus fish.

I once saw a 36 inch eye I estimate in the Moira on a spawning run 20 years ago.

Slayinem and my freind Chris's eyes are the 2 biggest I have seen east of the Missippi this year in print or the internet. CCMT 's is very close behind.

Oh and the pike ................................................. 42.2 is the current record for Ontario

Here is my 48 inch 29-31lb pike.....and that other fish is nearly 40% bigger.............................

gallery_221_42_24768.jpg

My Freind Chris's 15.0lb eye on a digital scale

gallery_221_394_12428.jpg

Finally my 22 inch PB smallie from simcoe this fall. Thanks Misfish for the spot!!!!

med_gallery_221_42_95245.jpg

Dan has seen what a 25 inch spec looks like...it will blow your noodle when you see one like that. Even for Nipigon thats almost maxed out.

Done my rant on fish exaggeration for the year.. I do it once a year. Thanks for listening people!

And thanks to all the real sportsman out there that tell the truth!!

Somehow they all seem to belong to this board! Keep it up guys!

darren

Edited by bucktail

ok then I was just checking......LOL

and you are right

they are very rare and I doubt most of the entries

well except cliff

and fishindevil

and Barnie's Band of gold\and other OFNers

Didn't want to start any controversy with OFNers Terry...are you feeling ok?? LOL.

I can't believe nobody has touched on the fact that 90% of the "cohos" are dirty old chinooks.

The Fishing Canada contest at least required a measurement picture that some people still took advantage of by holding the tape measure well behind the fish to add on like 6" (ie. Gary Hodge). The only way to do it properly, in my opinion, is to have a measurement shot with a name brand measuring tape on a level surface. I understand that there aren't really any prizes so they don't care if people lie, but if half of the entries are fake, what's the point in running the awards at all?