Farewell Jeff....N/F

Cookslav

I hear you! I remember seeing him live many times back in the early 90s. He accomplished so much in his short life. The fact that he lived as long as he did was amazing in itself, as this disease rears its ugly head over and over again.

Jeff will be missed by me...I remember hearing his version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps....it's what inspired me to improve my guitar playing skills.

He inspired so many musicians.

A story comes to mind...

A friend of mine met him at 'meet and greet' through his radio station's promotion. He and his wife (Janet) met Jeff, exchanged a few words and shook hands.

About a week later they met him again after a show. They exchanged a few words and it wasn't until they shook hands he said "Janet?". He remembered her not by voice but by touch. Oddly, he didn't remember my buddy who has met him on numerous occasions. I wonder what that means? LOL

-Brian

He was a great guy loved to jam even after he got semi famous he still stopped over and would play into the weee hours my son would hit him up for a lesson or two on how to get those huge bends. I even got him out in the boat a few times salmon fishing great guy he will be missed .

Always enjoyed his music. Sad news as we caught the first wire posting on the TV the other night. Press release was only 11 minutes old when I went on line.

I had the pleasure of seeing him perform in a few very small places in the early days.

In 1985 or 86 he played the Manitou Bar on Lake Temagami - no one knew of him and the gig was not announced. It was absolutely amazing. I even joked with him that he didn't look old enough to drink.

In all there was 10 people in the bar, 6 at our table. The other 4 were playing pool. Played with the same bassist and drum player as he had today. Sat next to us between sets and chatted. I'll never forget that night.