New hand tied jigs

kennyman

Wow,alot of great replies! Thankyou everyone. Just curious,do any of you who use similar jigs tip them with anything? If so,when and with what? Just learning here guys. I may as well fish them properly ;) . How about what situation you use them in and/or what technique you use when fishing these??

Great pictures and styles of jigs, doug cool! singingdog nice with the perch! I tip some of mine with altered uncle josh pork grubs, I take a heavy duty big eyed sewing needle and run rubber legs through the pork fat portion of the body just under the tough skin, never had a problem with it pulling out from fish.

Also used small pork frogs,and plastic frogs, like flyrod size on some of them. Not just bass lures, a lot of different species will take a jig. I threw a lot of 1/8 ounce ones, finding them with a good hook was more of an issue, just like a bigger stronger hook in mine than the normal small aberdeeen.

Wow,alot of great replies! Thankyou everyone. Just curious,do any of you who use similar jigs tip them with anything? If so,when and with what? Just learning here guys. I may as well fish them properly ;) . How about what situation you use them in and/or what technique you use when fishing these??

I like to add a worm or minnow to my marabou or hair jig. Since there is no plastic curly tail or other plastic bait, even though there is bait on the hook, the hook is not overloaded. No need for trailer hooks because there are rarely any short bites unless you add a large plastic bait to the jig.

On top of that, dressing your own jigs is fun.