Lexx and TBayboy Whitefish Hunt Report

LeXXington

Well up at 5:30am for the treck up too lady simcoe. We stopped at 400 Bait for one scoup of minnows, wondering if we would ever use up all these in one day????

While getting all dressed up Chuck drove by and we though hey great we can go where they are sure got too be lots of fish there.. As chuck drove over the sunset.. We figured walking that far might just kill us :whistling:

So off we walked, stopped took a breath then walked further up too 82 feet mark around the huts and started fishing..

And fishing..

And fishing..

moved Drilled new holes

And fishing

And Fishing

moved Drilled new holes

And Fishing

And Fishing

moved Drilled new holes

And Fishing

And Fishing

moved and found perch.. in 65 feet.. Had one big hit but went just as fast :wallbash:

End of the day,

21 Perch

and for whitefish, Still looking,.. 1 week left too Try

Edited by LeXXington

Hehe yeah its was one of those days. At least we hit a nice pile of perch at the end of the day (I suppose). We marked what sure seemed to be whitefish travelling nearish the bottom (and a school around 50 feet as well) but despite a variety of spoons they weren't interested except for one hit that Lexx missed. I'm going to pretend they were all carp and refuse to believe it has anything to do with us.

Did get a nice moonset/sunrise combo

2305491765_d286e6df80_b.jpg

2305492653_e70c2bffd6.jpg

But sadly no big fish pron :(

Shoulda lassoed his trailer hitch ball Lex !

LOL, I would have sadly I was still putting on my boots when Chuck drove by.. I did not see it was him until I caught the trade mark hat.

There was hope we could have walked out too him and hitched a ride back.. then we saw were they went over the sun rise.. My boots were made for walking but not that far.

Had you have walked...you might just be arriving now...we were WAY...WAY...OUT !!!...I was expecting to go through the Narrows at any moment... :whistling:

Only the odd fish caught...lots of peoples trying but most came up empty...

That first photo is calendar worthy !!! :clapping:

We were right behind Chuck as he made his way "over" the pressure crack! Saw the water flying out from under his truck and decided not to continue following him!LOL

To bad we didn't connect, we could have picked you up... 14k is one heck of a walk... but the walk back would have been the doozy!

HH

Thanks HH

I checked my trucks weight with the average Ice thickness. It was too close

Nothing worse that comeing home with no fish and saying to the wife you know that new truck I use to have.

hense we walked :( 14k that would have been a very long walk. The 2 k we walked all day tuckered me out.

try walking off BBP or BP next week if Insifill was to far of a trek...... Don't feel bad..we ventured out 12KM lost two fish and got skunked...its the way it plays out sometimes.....still better than a day on the couch !!!

Edited by jdmls

Thanks LadyWalleye, Good thing about walking is you know you can head back to the same location if you get into fish..

(but if your heading out Sat, I am really thinking about taking another last shot) :blush:

Here was our haul of perch,, We started targeting them about 3pm and was off the ice at 5:15pm.. Still fun

med_gallery_106_92_7000.jpg

Just checked the GPS and for the entire day we walked 4 miles, seemed like 20 miles from the way my legs feel today :stretcher:

Too funny,

Sounds like our Sunday, walked from Innisfil Beach out to the island headed North then back. Nofish, a few tales, damn is that frustrating to watch.

Caught a 4" pearch on a 3" Williams White Fish in 86 FOW.

Anyways, it was a nice day to be out.