Tackle in China

perodimi

Hello All,

I regularly travel to Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Tokyo and since everything we get comes from there, I was wondering if by any chance anybody would know of any contacts or stores there that sell tackle etc. in those cities. I'm looking for a few Okuma Magda Pro line counter trolling reels right now.

Any websites or addresses would be helpful. For example, I know you can get "knock off" golf clubs for a fraction of the price not to mention clothes, purses etc.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Lew,

Yes, It's a Boeing 777, Air Canada's latest addition to our fleet. It holds 342 passengers and we go about as long a haul as you can nowadays. A typical flight is 16 hours long over the north pole to Hong Kong. We carry double the compliment of pilots and have a crew rest facility with bunks upstairs.

Now if I can find those tackles shops in China, I can bring you guys back stuff!

Peter

Here are a couple of pictures:

Over Vancouver:

B777-300ER-74.jpg

Business Class Cabin:

11.jpg

Uper Crew Rest Facility (That's not me, just a Boeing photo):

777_overhead_crewrest_pilot.jpg

And of course, my best fishing buddy on a flight to China with his Dad:

FishingBuddy.jpg

B777_300ER_74.jpg

Thanks for the info Peter, impressive doesn't even begin to describe that plane.

Last time I flew commercially , it was on an Air Canada Viscount back in the 60's, and I'm pretty sure it would fit inside the washroom of that 777 :D

Love the new 777 addition to Air Canada. Last summer I flew back to China, to my suprise it was the 777. More space and best of all, even the business class had AC outlets, endless power for my laptop made the flight seem a lot shorter. Any idea how many 777 AC has on duty for Beijing flights?

Small world, Richmond Hill residence. It would be an interesting experience to meet a fellow OFNer 40,000 ft altitude. :thumbsup_anim:

Hi Young One,

The 777 does all the Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai's directly from Toronto now as they have gotten rid of all the four engine Airbus A-340's. All we have left now are the twin engine Airbus A-330's mostly for Europe. This month, we're starting Tokyo again. The other routes we fly are Toronto-Frankfurt (1 of the the two dailys), Montreal-Paris, Vancouver-Sydney and the odd Toronto-London.

Hope to see ya out there!

Peter

Wow, small world irishfield, Reid and I were hired together in 1987. I think he came from Bearskin Airlines in Thunder Bay.

Cory, that was the Chief Pilot that pulled that stunt. Cathay Pacific paid the poster of the original streaming video $40,000.00 to remove it!

It's all about saving face I guess...

Wow, small world irishfield, Reid and I were hired together in 1987. I think he came from Bearskin Airlines in Thunder Bay.

Reid's personal airplane, that I built and maintain, is in my hangar outside the back door here.

He had a lot of time in Norseman's/Beech 18's/185's and I have most of his "sunk" airplane pictures to prove it! LOL

Here's one of him with a freshly covered Norseman after the covering got burnt off flying in firefighting equipment.

Do you know Robert "RJ" White as well ?