I've come to realize there's a great bunch here

Personally I'd take the high road back to LeBarons and pay...the voice in your head can be the most critical of your actions.

One point I have not seen in this thread that there is young anglers who read this board---I would like to think our generation may be able to set the proper example to set them on their way....Heaven know there is enough negative things to distract them already.

Just a thought.

Bushart

Personally I'd take the high road back to LeBarons and pay...the voice in your head can be the most critical of your actions.

One point I have not seen in this thread that there is young anglers who read this board---I would like to think our generation may be able to set the proper example to set them on their way....Heaven know there is enough negative things to distract them already.

Just a thought.

Bushart

That's a good point Bushart. I wonder what people would say if one of their kids came to them with the same problem.

And watch out for Moosebunk's karma pickle! Karma works in mysterious ways. B)

I'd return it to BPS and get my money back! :oops: Or, I'd take it to BPS and get them to price match it, then take it back to LB's and get them to price match it and so on, until I had accumulated enough funds to retire!

Seriously, I'd take it back.

HH

Buddy & I were walking up to a hotdog cart for lunch one day when I spotted a $5 bill laying on the ground right in front of the cart. I picked it up with full intention of giving it back to the lady who owned the cart, but as soon as she saw me grab it, she practically screamed at me to give back HER money :w00t:

I asked how she knew it was hers and not dropped by the last customer and again she screamed at me to return HER money.

She never got the cash, and buddy & I both got free hot dogs at the next cart with our newly found loot. Somehow they tasted much better that day. ;)

Karma goes both ways.

So if you dropped your wallet it's your mistake. Someone else gets to keep it? Same thing.

My conscience would not allow me to do that.

Ha ha ha, thats not even close to the same thing.

We are talking about a store that makes millions of dollars a year. They arent going to miss a vest.

Plus, if they trained their staff right in the first place, they wouldnt have this problem.

We all spend so much money at stores like this, so its nice to get something in return for once.

Enjoy the free stuff!

Sorry Stoty... but there's a big difference between selling millions a year (if LB's even hits that mark) and making millions a year.

If nothing else... this thread may have helped us know whether we can leave our gear in our boats at various gatherings!

Oh, I thought we were talking about BPS.

If nothing else... this thread may have helped us know whether we can leave our gear in our boats at various gatherings!

1) He didn't steal anything. It was the cashiers error by not ringing it in.

2) I don't think anyone who said keep it, its a thief.

I have never stole anything in my life, so I don't appreciate the notion that I am one.

Oh, I thought we were talking about BPS.

1) He didn't steal anything. It was the cashiers error by not ringing it in.

2) I don't think anyone who said keep it, its a thief.

I have never stole anything in my life, so I don't appreciate the notion that I am one.

I think that the store that the item came from is irrelevant Stoty.

I also think that that "certain guy" who went to that "certain sale" would know at the checkout whether or not he had been charged for something or not.

To me, it's a no-brainer. If you had all intentions of buying the item in the first place, what's to think about? Pay for the dang vest...........

It was not free, it was stolen.

The cashier screwed up by not ringing it in even though it is not your friends fault the store security would have viewed it as stolen. If he was asked to produce his receipt upon leaving the store and the vest was not listed he very well could have been charged with theft under $1000. Doesn't matter if the cashier screwed up or not as the store would have looked at him square in the eye and said that he knew it was not rung in because the total definitely did not balance. A one or 2 dollar item could be overlooked as a mistake but not a hundred dollar item.

So he got away with it, OK he got something for nothing, it is theft no matter how you want to turn it around to make you feel better. Say he did get nabbed what would happen next? I'll tell you: A trip down to the local cop shop for finger printing, a criminal charge followed by a visit to the lawyers office and a nice little legal bill and then time off work as you stand in front of the judge pleading innocence, "Honestly officer, I didn't know she messed up, I really did think that the vest was only a dollar or 2 and didn't notice it.". Would it have been worth it then?

Don't think this could have happened? Hah! Tell it to the judge.

OK anyone can make a mistake and calculate the purchase total incorrectly and be off by a small amount, but not an error like the cost on the vest.

Well, it depends on how much he bought.

If he bought a whole bunch of stuff, then he might not have realized that the cashier missed something until he returned home.

It most definitely is NOT his fault.

OK anyone can make a mistake and calculate the purchase total incorrectly and be off by a small amount, but not an error like the cost on the vest.

So, if this was a $3 spoon that was missed, that would be OK???

in life there are no mistakes

till you decide not the fix it..........

........................don't know what that means but I felt the need to say something profound ............................................

Well, it depends on how much he bought.

If he bought a whole bunch of stuff, then he might not have realized that the cashier missed something until he returned home.

It most definitely is NOT his fault.

Please Stoty, don't insult our intelligence! It was not a $5, $10 or even $20 item. Do you pay an invoice without looking at the bill? Hey, maybe you do?

I am not insulting anyones intelligence.

So, each time you go to the grocery store and buy 100 items, you go over it with a fine tooth comb in your car before leaving, and if they missed a can of soup, your going to go back in and pay for it?

I am simply saying....he obviously missed the cashiers error, or he wouldn't have bothered posting it on here.

I highly doubt he knew it was missed, then thought, "Hey this would be a great topic for OFC."

Everyone needs a break sometimes....

I am not insulting anyones intelligence.

So, each time you go to the grocery store and buy 100 items, you go over it with a fine tooth comb in your car before leaving, and if they missed a can of soup, your going to go back in and pay for it?

I am simply saying....he obviously missed the cashiers error, or he wouldn't have bothered posting it on here.

I highly doubt he knew it was missed, then thought, "Hey this would be a great topic for OFC."

Everyone needs a break sometimes....

OK, let me put it to you in simple terms. A Mustang Fishing Jacket is what?......say $150 on sale? You wouldn't notice that was not on your bill... :dunno:

Actually, when I checkout anywhere, whether it's the grocery store or not, I watch each item as it is scanned or manually input into the system..

We make our own breaks Stoty, this is a big boys world that we live in!

Don't talk to me as though I am stupid or below you, because I am most definitely not!

The price of the item isn't the issue here. Its the fact that it wasn't paid for. But I guess you're too ignorant to see that.

Don't talk to me as though I am stupid or below you, because I am most definitely not!

The price of the item isn't the issue here. Its the fact that it wasn't paid for. But I guess you're too ignorant to see that.

Ahhhh yes Stoty, I was wondering how long it would take for you to resort to flaming! Seems as though any controversial thread that you get involved in deteriorates this way.

No one is insinuating anything with regards to your level intelligence or whether you are below me (us), whatever that means. We are expressing our opinions with due consideration to the facts provided, that's all.

My illustration of the price of the item (its magnitude) was simply to illustrate how it could possibly not be noticed as not charged by the purchaser.

Maybe this thread has run its course, I'm done here......