I've come to realize there's a great bunch here

a certain guy I know went to a certain sale yesterday and was pleasantly surpised at the cash register. He checked his receipt when he got home and realized that the mustang fishing vest he had purchased was not rung in. He has contemplated going back to the store to right the wrong, even though he has spent thousands there over the years and at times not appreciated the way he was treated (ie trying to charge him $10 for a store catalog), but is also concerned with some donut charging him with theft if he comes in. Would you take the deal and risk the bad Karma or point out the err :whistling: or?

I think, as much as I'd hate to, I would go back to Lebarons and pay for it . . . . not that I'm claiming to be squeaky clean honest . . . . but . . . . . as many disagreements as I've had with them over the years, I've NEVER had them DELIBERATELY & KNOWINGLY try to cheat me. I have no clue how, or why, anybody would have tried to charge $10.00 for a (clearly marked) $2.00 store catalogue . . . . but . . . . the ball's in your court!

a certain guy I know went to a certain sale yesterday and was pleasantly surpised at the cash register. He checked his receipt when he got home and realized that the mustang fishing vest he had purchased was not rung in. He has contemplated going back to the store to right the wrong, even though he has spent thousands there over the years and at times not appreciated the way he was treated (ie trying to charge him $10 for a store catalog), but is also concerned with some donut charging him with theft if he comes in. Would you take the deal and risk the bad Karma or point out the err :whistling: or?

Sounds to me that you're trying to justify him not paying for it by using comments such as..."even though he has spent thousands" and "not appreciated how he was treated"...."Some donut charging him with theft"....

Give your head a shake :wallbash: . Were you hoping that everyone on here would say, "Thats great! He shouldn't have to pay for it! Good for him!" ????

I wouldn't consider it taking a "deal". Come on. Get real.

Like anything...line up people and half will tell you nay, and half will tell you yay. I just know that "Karma" is nasty...just nasty. It matters none if you believe in it...she's there. This is a little different from walking down the street and finding $5.00. Years ago when I worked as a server, if someone walked out...I paid. Integrity goes a long way.

Go back and ask for the store manager and tell him it was they guy that tried to sell you the catalog tell the manager he tried to give it to you for free and forced you to take it "jus Joking"" i would go back and pay, errr! actually i dunno what i would do??!!

Every time your friend puts that thing on he'll be questioning himself if he doesn't pay for it. If he was prepared to pay for it when he took it to the til then he should pay for it. As someone else said a $5 lure probably not, but this is a bit more than that.

Who knows, perhaps they'll give you a deal for bringing the over-site to their attention ? Bottom line you'll never have to feel guilty about going back to that store if you take it back.

That's what I'd think.

The same situation, or a similar situation has happened at least a few times to me in my life, and I never hesitate to bring the item back, or to let the cashier know that they gave me back too much change, or they gave me an item that was not properly rung up.. For me its not really about karma, its more just about being raised as an honest and decent person.. Same reason why I've never stolen anything in my life.. but to each his own..

Karma. It always feels better when you do the right thing. And it gets even better with practice.

Just listen to that little voice in your head that says, "Gee, Davey. I don't think that's a good idea".

davey-goliath2.jpg

The sermon for today.

one day I bought something at a local store..

I gave the cashier a 20..

she gave me the change and I walked out the door

just before I got to my truck I saw that not only did she give me my change, she gave me my 20 back too

so back to the store I go, I wait till the cashier finishes with the next customer and say excuse me but you made a mistake when you gave me my change..

before I got all the words out of my mouth she said I don't make mistakes and you should of check your change when I gave it to you so you are S O L

so I said you are right I am sorry to both you..oh and thanks for the extra 20 you gave me...and walked out the door

so I think you should always try to do the right thing, and hope the cashier is a stupid as the one I had

I am honestly surprised at the one sided vote so far....and also surprised at the moral judgements I am incurring....I am really finding this interesting....I have never accepted too much change or stolen anything and the fact that I'm so bothered by this should say something to you, but please keep the responses coming in

I think you might be surprised when you bring it back...the manager might just say thanks for letting me know and I hope you like your free vest.

Of course this isnt a perfect world, but if I owned the place that is what I would do.

I personally try to follow the path "Do on to other's...yadda yadda". I think that's the way to be.

However certain people bring out the worst in me. Case in point, our vending machine guy at work. Machines empty on weekends...we work weekends. Best before dates on meals, and milk...well I think he regards them as GUIDELINES only. Machines stealing your change and in ill repair...I think you get the picture. So anyway our coffee machines dies and after 2 months he replaces it with a machine that has NO CREAM.

In the meantime we now have got a coffee maker set up in our work area. After much complaining about no cream he has started putting creamers in the cold vending machine and leaving that slot as free. I stopped taking my own cream to work...I just steal his when I'm making my coffee. Don't feel guilty at all. I figure if he is going to be such a dick to all of us, a little payback is in order.

Same with check out people at the grocery store. The good ones I always tell them when I have something under my cart. The ones who are useless and more interested in chatting with there friends I never tell. If they don't notice too bad. I got no time or respect for people who have no time or respect for me or there job.