Lake Simcoe March 1 report

icefisherman

Here is my report from yesterday from Lake Simcoe.

Took a friend of mine with me who has never caught larger fish before (don't count the perch ;-)

After looooooong ride on the ice following Big Chevy and Lady Walleye we've arrived into a small compound that grew 10 times in size over the next few hours. :whistling:

Fishing started with a slow first hour, then slowly picking up to get to a furry betwwen 9-10am.

Jigging spoons was the name of the game...tried Meegs as well as I normally catch a lot of fish on them but no such luck yesterday. Got couple on minnow line as well. One large trout tried to take my rod/reel on the minnow line down the hole. :thumbsup_anim:

Done with full limit on lakers and whities and left about 2pm....largest laker was 9 Lbs. The other laker 5 Lbs and the large whitie about the same. Thanks for the great company to Big Chevy and Lady Walleye, Tybo and Joey, Terry and Sly. It sure was a great day for us on the ice.

This may have been my last ice fishing day for the very short season but will invest my time and more money into finishing all the additions to my boat so it's ready for some serious fishing in the spring/summer.

here are few pictures of some happy fisherman.

Enjoy! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::clapping:

Full limit for two for the day:

fishing_Mar0108_014.jpg

My great friend- Chuck with one of his huge whities:

fishing_Mar0108_010.jpg

my friend very happy with his first 4 big fish:

fishing_Mar0108_015.jpg

Good luck to all who are fishing the remaining 2 weeks of ice fishing and let the spring come soon :clapping:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Good work out there Icefisherman. A small city is growing ever day out there. Icefishing season was my favorite until I got a new boat for the great lakes salmon. Im sure you can't wait for the maiden voyage(niagara in march I bet). Might as well catch some nice whiteys and lakers till then.

Edited by iceguy

Good to see you get out Emil.... Except for the winds, it was a great day of fishing... Slower than the Wed. when we got out.. but still a great day...

I got my 2 whities and finally a nice Laker... Sunday's weather was beatiful, but the bite was gone... I did manage 1 whities, 10 min into fishing and only a few hits the rest of the day....

Here's a couple pic's to go with yours.....

The one I got as you were saying your goodbye's....and last for the day...

fishingMar0108020.jpg

and my Laker....

fishingMar0108009.jpg

Edited by LadyWalleye

Awsome Laker Shelly!! Bite was off for us yesterday too. After our move we did find a few active fish.

heres a pic of my buddy's first fish through the ice ever, 7lbs even. from saturday.

Ryan

100_1040.jpg

Edited by troutguy

Hey Shelly,

that big laker look great in your hands :clapping:

Saturday sure was a strange fishing day....I kept getting mostly lakers and you kept getting mostly whities :Gonefishing:

Oh well, it was GREAT time together and we'll do it again soon from the boat :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again for the good time together and the pictures, especially the last one ha ha ha :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman