Bernie

Gerritt

Tool - Lateralus

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Tool - Vicarious

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Tool - Sober

Tool - The Pot

Tool - Stinkfist

Tool - Schism

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjG47gtMCo"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjG47gtMCo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjG47gtMCo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Tool - Prison Sex

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5sIXUbMgF0"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5sIXUbMgF0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5sIXUbMgF0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

These are just a few of them... Hope you enjoy the band and their music.

G

Edited by Gerritt

Spiel, when we were up north we got into the topic of music... and Bernie listens to a wide range of music.. him and Joe went on for hours playing name that tune, I asked Bernie if he ever listened to Tool before (My favourite band) he said he had not... Joe is a big fan as well....

Well being on dialup and uploading pictures for our report at the time he never got the chance to "experiance" Tool.... I had a few moments and whipped this together for him.

Here's to hoping we have a new fan. LOL

G

Mmmmmmm... Jessica breasts... Err I mean mammories, errrrr dang Simpson!

all kidding aside I hope those out there that have not heard this band give them a listen...

You might Just become a fan.

G

Hey Bernie,

Your gonna find that the tunes are very much different than what you and I grew up listening to, that's for sure. These guys can without a doubt, play their instruments! They are world class players, that's for sure.

I found that I needed to listen to them a few times, before I found the "groove" I liked about them.

I hope you enjoy them!

HH

'Tool', as well as 'A Perfect Circle', definitely have outrageous talent.

They've got an amazingly distinct sound and feel to their music. One of a kind

for SURE! The boys are DEEP! Although, there are argueably some Atheist overtones in

some of thier lyrics which turns me off. Doesnt discount their abilities as musicians though.

Bernie,

Glad you liked the boys.... Danny, the drummer is amazing..

Blaque is correct, Maynard is the lead man for Tool and now APC.... however I find that APC does does not have the grit that Tool does...

Enjoy the music... for one reason only... the music... to many people try to read into the lyrics and come out with all sorts of whacked out things.

Maynard say this... The songs are made before the lyrics are added.... the lyrics are a byproduct of the sounds....

These guys are definably top of the food chain.

G

PS... this is my genre... there are hundred is not thousands of bands within it... Tool just happens to be my favourite.

I found that I needed to listen to them a few times, before I found the "groove" I liked about them.

HH

I know what you mean there Joe. There were a few bands in the past that didn't suit my ear. Now they are a favorite. This band sounds familiar right away but can't put my ear on it why. It is good music, the lyrics are secondary at this point.

Do they get much airplay on the stations down there? They don't here.

Enjoy the music... for one reason only... the music... to many people try to read into the lyrics and come out with all sorts of whacked out things.

I hear ya, I do........I listen to alot of heavy stuff.......with questionable meaning to it. Bands that represent nothing of what i am personally interested in or follow as far as the subject matter of the song. I often try to learn these same songs on guitar just because they are TOO cool to play lol. But i do feel a little guilty supporting the message sometimes. And im not pointing out Tool or APC this time but some of the music i listen too I certainly wouldnt approve the young ones listening too. Thats where i have to be careful! lol Cant be any worse than this sex crazed pop crap that they pump into the kids these days though.

That was awesome thanks!!! He could definably have a future!

As for embedding video into a post....

Click on ADD Reply... (Not fast reply)

See on the YouTube page the stuff in the embed box? Highlight it, right hand click and left hand click COPY

Come back to OFC and PASTE the copied link.

Now... Below this window (the one you type in) you will see a drop down menu...

Select HTML ON With- Auto Line break.

Click post and your all done!

Give'r a test on this thread.

G