Crikey, Now that's a BASS !

Spiel

What I find really amazing is that the first bass was caught in a 124 acre lake. The second bass was caught in a 72 acre lake... Big Fish, Big Water? I guess that works until someone plays god and puts Bass From Florida in a tiny lake thats filled with Hatchery Rainbow Trout...I think its time for a trip to California either way :thumbsup_anim:

-Ben

Those were the biggest bass photo's I have seen in the last few years. Thanks for posting them. They make the bass here in BC seem like dwarfs.

The biggest I have seen here in BC is over 8 pds. Legend has it that there is some over 10 pds, but I have yet to see a photo I would bet on.

outdoorguy61

http://westernbass.com/ncalifornia/featured/view.html?id=7

This link will take you to more info on California Bass fishing. Most of the pigs caught in the states over the last 15 years or so have come from there. Texas and Florida also good spots, but them trout feed California fish seem to pile on the pounds. Go figure the state with the most people, and for it`s size not much freshwater.

California might have more people than all of Canada, the bass? bigger!

And the lakes are so heavily regulated and pressured it takes a genius to catch one of those beasts. Insane to look at though. Guy probably spent the last 12 years trying to get one. Which really deserves even more applause.

Wasn't there some controversy surrounding that fish Clive? I recall it was snagged or out of season or....?

That is correct Chris, the guy that caught it fessed up to on the spot, it's not like he snagged it on purpose but he was site fishing when he caught it and was truthful about it. Him and his two buddies fish the small lake and have landed a lot of big fish. I watched a special on this lake and the guys that fish it and couldn't believe the place would even have a 5 pound bass in it let alone a fish like that.