Kesagami Report for 2007

Ramble

Dave, Dave, Dave... you can surely make life harder to live with a soft water report like that which comes in the winter. I think I'll surely miss going there this summer, but hey... I'll be getting that ride on Hearst Air's twin otter instead. Will keep an eye out for the gnats.

I think you did quite well during what I felt ended up being a difficult weather summer up here. It's great you keep the journal because when you mentioned some dates, how you did and what the weather was like I was able to look back into my own notes and see how I did fishing just 90 miles away.

One thing as a newcomer that last year Float and I had not enough time to really concentrate (find) on were mid lake shoals. Not wanting anything to do really with walleye (in more suitable walleye weather) we kept after the pike. I love that lake man. Fishing northerns in shallow waters is the best way to fish-em. Float and I had some bad luck with the big fish. Losing a mid 40 on the west side first day while on a troll is etched in my mind as one of my biggest "one that got away" memories.

Told Charlie when I was there how I'd had thought I'd like to guide... 2009 when I likely quit the north to move south that summer. I couldn't start as deckhand or anything else. If I wasn't in the boat everyday I'd slit my wrists. I wonder if Charlie would let me work there for free (just meals and room) if I could guide and fish everyday??? I'd seriously do it.

We'll reschedule the fly-fishing lessons too.

Keep working there as long as you can Dave. I'm going to stop in and say hi to Rob this week, I'll pass along the link for him. He'll love the bedroom pic and I think all of the report. You and the crew there were a great bunch... and man, I don't know how you couldn't get yourself into some fun with some of the housekeeping and other staff. lol

Now that you've done this big report; which I'll be reading again because I enjoyed it top to bottom, what are you going to do next time??? People will be waiting man. :clapping: I'll be expecting 2008's Kesagami report to not come like 7 months after the fact. I knew you'd do it well...

You remind me of my best friend in highschool who was a real quick-witted jokester, to be that kind of person requires intelligence. To have both can easily create talent.

You find time before or after your trip this way next year stop in and see Rob and I in the Moose. The fishing ain't as good but you'll have another story to tell I'd bet.

And, buy some better waterproof fishing gloves, or keep a few pairs. If you were my guide there'd be no wimping out on the shorelunch over cold thumbs. :asshat: j/k

I browsed it quick and then decided to grab breakfast to sit down and read it. THANKS Ramble... I'll be sure to look for your kidney next time I"m in Cochrane!

What a fantastic read !!! And as for the second picture... been there done that... learned a thing or two! LOL

Well everyone here is the longest report EVER!!!! It has taken countless hours to write this thing, and it’s been quite enjoyable

Your right Ramble, that probably IS the longest report ever on this board, but it was also one of the BEST :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for taking the time !!

Wow. And I mean wow.

I am sitting here feeling the way you do when you finish a good book, and you just sit quietly digesting what you just took in. I’m spent is what I am.

I don’t know what you do for a living when you’re not guiding, but you could write resort reviews or create websites, or what ever you please. The way the season climaxes with the epic pike in the weeds and under the boat battle is nothing short of literary genius. Throw in the odd sexual dalliance and you’ve got a movie script.

Can you tell I liked it?

Wow man!

Wonderful report, really got a feel for how you summer went with some great videos and pics but damnit did you have to post it now. How am I gonna make it til the ice is gone now!

Hehe just kidding, thanks again for a great read.

I started reading this thinking I wouldn't make it to the end.......well, I made it.....all the way to the bitter end!!

Some great writing there......and nice fish to go with it!!

Good job!

Thanks for the report,

Sinker

An epic report!

So many good things in your report it would take awhile just to respond fully or completely.

Thanks for the effort and congrats on the great summer work.

cheers,

ehg

Edited by ehg

Ahhhh yyeeeeaahh... Awesome report.. The pictures and narrative are right on. Incredible scenery shots too! I've had the opportunity to guide northern waters and it was unforgettable. What a priviledge it was.

I'm very satisfied. Thanks for that!

cheers

HD

Well done! That was quite possibly the longest internet report I've read, LOL!, and one of the best!

As a former guide at Kesagami there was much I can relate to...

Curious on a couple of points, what's the new ownership like to work for compared to Bob and Marsha?, and does Darcy Lee still work there? (he was a good man).

Cheers!

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I wrote it with hopes it would be enjoyed, and I was quite concerned about the length. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff i left out!! Your comments make the reports worth writting.

Solo...i much prefer the new owners, rules are less strick and Charlie is more relaxed. No Darcy doesn't still work their, but Gary still does!!! He lost a tooth this year in the boat. He tried to tell us he was hit in the mouth with a lure, but he was actually eating licorice lololol He's still doing the bear hunting stuff, and pulled boats with us. We gave him a few nights off he's almost 70 now and his knees arn't gettin any better.

Moose I'll get back to you with a PM, becuase i have essay to write today on Foster's rule for my evolution class.

Tight Lines everyone!!

-Dave