Perch Filled Day on Long Point Bay

Rich

We headed out about a mile from St Williams today in about 6 feet of water and nailed a dozen keepers and many throwbacks in a matter of 3 hours. Great day with Sleded, Sugarpacket and I and the best part was the shore lunch at home! Fried perch, Busch and CHICKEN WEINERS! OHHH YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lots of Busch

Busch

Busch

DSC01176.jpg

Giving Sleded the perch stare down

DSC01177.jpg

Trophy fish of the day

DSC01178.jpg

A couple of good ones

DSC01181.jpg

Sugarpacket's big girl

DSC01185.jpg

Fresh kill (small ones swallowed the hooks)

DSC01187.jpg

Another look at Sugarpacket's biggie

DSC01188.jpg

Sleded couldn't wait to down those fillets

DSC01196.jpg

The greatest combination a man could ask for

DSC01200.jpg

The other greatest combination a man could ask for.

What a day! Goin' back tomorrow cuz I just LOVE perch. PERCH PERCH PERCH. Blimey tea pots jim henson coasters rollie part time work mickey mickey!

Shoreline access still okay, no open spots anyway. Lots of sleds and quads out on the north side of the bay. Apparently closer to the south side of the bay the ice is thinner as a guy on the ice told us some guy went through earlier in the week over there. Where we were was 10 - 18 inches of ice. Just stay by the huts and the road more travelled. Don't have to go far to get fish right now, plenty in 6-7 feet of water.

Great Pics and entertaing report Rich!!!

The next time you have the Weasel Whiz and Chakkin Wieners together like that, dump a couple bottles of the weasel whiz in a pot and boil your wieners in it... much better than burning them in the fry pan.

That particular brand of weasel whiz goes very well with raw oysters!

Well I was back out today with my boss from work and no pictures to share we only got 6 keepers in 3 hours and were forced to pack it up. Was beautiful out there today though, no wind. No survival suit necessary just my fleece pants and winter jacket. 'Course the slight hangover from last night's festivities made me a bit sluggish on the hooksets but I still had fun and brought a bit home for the frying pan. Hopefully this ice will be gone soon and I can cast a line for pike.