Bass Pro

Stern Rules

Nice haul !!!...i was there too and hit the berkley bin too,and grabbed about 8 of them. :clapping: ..and got some fireline as well, man it sure was hot in there today,i left around 1pm couldnt take it anymore,but i did ok,and got what i wanted too !!!!!....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Oh Yeah, the Spring Fleecing at Bass Pro!!!

I walked out $250 lighter. A pair of pants and a shirt for under $40, a new tackle box to replace my old one that was falling apart, a good deal at another $40, a PFD for myself and one for my daughter, some Trilene in 4,6, and 8lb test, a couple of X-Raps, a Bionic Bucktail.........Jeez, I needed a shopping cart.

It was great meeting The Next Bite crew, I spent a fair bit of time talking to Pete Maina and Gary Parsons. They're a great bunch of guys, easy to talk to and very willing to help with some tips and ideas on techniques. If only I could watch their show, the magazine is great.

Was I the only one scouring the parking lot looking for a shopping cart :lol: I did find one eventually - man what a crowd. Few things I came for were out of stock such as the Berkeley Gulp Alive spray, but got most of what I wanted. Now hoping the items catch the fish like they caught me!!

I can't wait to get in there... Ill be there on the afternoon of the 14th... I sure do hope theres inventory left.. you guys are gonna get it all!!!

I was there yesterday too, although I wouldn't know anyone from the board (except father of 3) if I fell over them. I keep an eye out for an OFC hat or shirt,whether there or at a fishing show etc but haven't seen one yet. I was at a show at one of the warehouses I buy from and was going right by on the way home,plus my uncle who came with me had never been there, so I just had to stop ...... you know LOL. I bought five packs of plastics (two yum shakey worms,one Yum ribbon tail, one blue/white tubes,one Zoom white trick worms) ,two lures (super spot and a popper) and two packs of Gamakatsu offset worm hooks and came out for $ twenty two something tax in.You gotta like it! I would have bought a bit more,but half the stuff I went in for they had already sold out of. I guess half a deal is better than no deal. I also stopped off in Burlington and got some hand tied jigs on the way but we'll leave that until tonight when I can post pics. These things are beautiful.

Took me til 5pm Saturday to drag Hubby out to Bass Pro. Already big holes in the shelves then. We likely would've wasted a couple hundred $$ if they'd had stock, but walked out with a total bill well under $50.

I'll likely be heading down by myself just for the seminars on the 14th.

Did anybody else get slimed by closed buckets of Gulp! Alive! minnows? I was excited about trying them, until I realized how much time I'd spend scrubbing that stuff out of car and boat upholstry.

I just got back from my annual Bass Pro Spring shopping spree and I actually spent less than I normally do.

To my surprise that had a lot of Shimano gear on sale, I went specifically to purchase a Cumara rod and then I noticed they had Crucial`s on sale so I picked up a nice dropshot rod for 50 bucks off. The Crucial was 139 and the Cumara was 269. I just could not justify spending 130 more for the Cumara.

Also picked up some tubes at 4 bags for 10 bucks,some x-raps,gulp minnows,assorted hooks etc. at pretty good prices.

There deals are so hard to resist sometimes. I try not to buy too much there, but on the weekend I walked away with a few too many lures.

I have too many lures that have been on the waiting list for close to a year due to sales such as this. Some of the poor lures I purchased at bass pro this past weekend may not even get upgraded to permanent tackle box status till next year. Forget about getting any water time.

There must be a scientific name for it, but I do get a brief high when I purchase all these lures. It lasts usually until the visa bill arrives.

I don't get to Bass Pro Shops very often because it's a 8-900 mile round trip for me but I always have a good time in there. What I like about the place aside from the fact that they have a lot of product at reasonable prices is that the place is also a tourist attraction. If I happen to be in there with someone who's not into fishing, there's all kinds of other things for them to check out. There's also always a very good chance you'll run into an OFNer or two.

Guest lundboy
I just got back from my annual Bass Pro Spring shopping spree and I actually spent less than I normally do.

To my surprise that had a lot of Shimano gear on sale, I went specifically to purchase a Cumara rod and then I noticed they had Crucial`s on sale so I picked up a nice dropshot rod for 50 bucks off. The Crucial was 139 and the Cumara was 269. I just could not justify spending 130 more for the Cumara.

Also picked up some tubes at 4 bags for 10 bucks,some x-raps,gulp minnows,assorted hooks etc. at pretty good prices.

That's an excellent price on the crucial dropshot. I bought one last year (at the regular price) and it's been great. You'll love it.

Edited by lundboy

After reading your post it makes me feel good for shopping at my local tackle shop. I managed to get a Cumara rod from them last year with tax for less than what I see Bass Pro has it for.

A couple of weekends back when I was at Lebaron I was looking for the Cumara to see what their price was. They had none that I could see. However they did have the Crucial dropshot rod on for roughly $160.00. Add that with the no tax deal they had going on, I couldn't pass it up. It will be interesting to see the difference between these two rods as they are the same specs.