LaBarons

Radnine

Site could definitely use an facelift ... the store on the other hand is on my weekend rounds along with CT and Home Depot :) ... I consider it a part of my saturday (if Im not on the water) ... always friendly and often special order stuff I ask for ... follow up with calls to me when stuff comes in ... the BPS on the other hand have driven many miles only to find the catalogue special item I came for is sold out - try to sell me something else and no interest in getting to come back by special ordering for me ... to each his own ... but I have always thought LeB was THE fishing store for me and much more personal.

The dot com / e tail business isn`t what Lebaron is about. They started as retailers and continue to compete with that as a priority. Not only are their reels sell cheaper, lures, rods, terminal tackle and supplies are aswell. You can't judge a retail company by it`s online sevices. It`s a different business. How many rods or reels would you buy online without feeling them in your hands first?. You will save plenty of cash taking advantage of the no tax sales Lebaron provide a few times a year. If I have a choice of spending 200 bucks on a reel at Lebaron or BPS. I would rather keep the money in Canada.

I've been a customer at the Mississauga store since they opened. Yep, the website and pdf's are dated. But as been said, I think they are first a brick and mortar retailer, and a online vendor as a distance second.'

I noticed over the past couple of years that they've improved the customer service in the store and that's good to see. I see BPS as being more Bass fishing oriented than LB. I think LB also suffers from a lack of rod mfr. choices as well as some mainline American Bass lure mfrs. I know they've tried to bring in St. Croix but couldn't.

All in all I sure wouldn't want to see LB go out of business.

Hey this is entertainment, Im learning something here. When there was a Bass Pro critique LeBarons was GOD.

That was only a couple of months ago. Let it Ride. Dont be weak and call MODS yet

I'm totally confused here holdfast. Rick designs websites on the side, so I wasn't being weak and asking for this thread to be deleted.

On another note, I don't think their website sucks, just think it could be better.

Hi, most Canadian companies have poor customer service compared to their U.S. counterparts (been shopping in the US lately....the difference is VERY noticeable). <_< I'm tired of dealing with Canadian retailers whose staff actually seem perturbed about having to serve someone. However, other than crappy service, I have always found what I want at LeBarons and their prices are pretty good. You can also sign up for their card for savings at the till.

There is a small "mom and pop" fishing store in Winchester (middle of nowhere) called Paddletales. Ed the owner told me that his sales tripled immediately after offering services online. Those who feel that going cheap on the website is the reason they can sell for less, better rethink that one. What's it cost for a website.....less than a few grand to set up and a few hundred a year to maintain. I don't think that kind of chump change would equate to savings at the till. Especially with triple the revenues.

I know for a fact that Ed at Paddletales will go out of his way to make his customers happy :thumbsup_anim: ......see if you will get that at Lebarons or BPS.

Le Baron: Canadian

BPS and Cabelas: American

I go to Le Baron alot and i found they have two workers whom i look for when shopping there and they

give me lots of advice and are very helpful i guess thats a perk since i am a Reg there but on the other hand

if you wanna spend time shopping on-line and waiting a few days just cause you dont want to get off your butt and

find a good deal thats your prerogative, I gear myself towards a Canadian established business BUT don't

get me wrong If i see a sale or a bargain i will get up and snatch it...

Thats just my opinion.

I have shopped Lebarons since 1979.

Companies evolve.

In the last 3 years, prices and service have been.....

Good.

I wouldn't waste the gas on BPS otherwise. I still go there for "sales" but as pointed out, they are more expensive.

(just wait till Cabelas attacks)

Yes cheap prices are what make me a loyal Le Baron customer! But for a few items that could be found cheaper at other places, I gladly go there. And BPS is convenient to window shop when I'm otherwise shopping at the mall, but I almost never buy anything there. I usually bring my Le Baron catalogue with me when I go to other tackle shops to compare prices. I would take lower prices over service anyday. I don't need anyone to chat about fishing with, or even friendly, smiling faces. You can call me names for all I care as long as I'm paying the lowest price! ;)