Benoir Lake

eagsfan93

please please please dont take this the wrong way.... but exact locations will probably not be given to you.. you might get a PM or two.. but it is safe to assume the will be vague.

the reason I say this is fisherfolk are protective of "thier" spots. Sure friends will help out friends etc.... but this is the part I dont want you getting offended about.... you have not been here long enough to develop these sort of friendships.

I do wish you the best of luck though!, stick around for a bit... and I am sure you once you establish friendships with various users you will be given the info you are seeking and hopefully you will give back to the community as well.

Have a great trip regardless and remember we like pictures :)

G

Not giving out any real secrets posting this, you will see the parade of boats leaving Benoir every morning to fish North part of Elephant Lake where the (weedy) York River connects to Benoir.

Benoir lake is basically 2 sections connected by a channel, if your on that channel or the bottom section of Benoir you are very close to Elephant lake. There is a marina/general store on the larger north section of Benoir, busier area.

Here's a map, there is a far more detailed pdf online, search around as its worth having:

http://www.baptistelake.org/00images/lakesystem.gif

From a cottage btw 2 sections of Benoir by canoe it would take me 40 minutes to cross south section of Benoir and paddle the York (nothing more than a channel thru weeds) into N Elephant. Same trip was under 15 minutes in 190hp jet boat (slow in York). Fish the channel at sunset, mid week with little boat traffic is best.