Garmin GPSMap60

Meely

Well,

I finally deicded to retire my Magellan 300 GPS and upgrade. The previous post on GPS units convinced me to head out and spend some "quid". Found myself a hand held unit (Garmin GPS Map 60 ) and decided to snag it. Found it for a pretty good price at Radio World on Steeles Ave. The salesman was very knowledgeable and knew the unit pretty much inside and out.

During his discussion, he mentioned being able to purchase and load road maps for North America and Topographic maps for Canada. I saw they had the maps (about a buck 10 each ) for sale but wanted to familiarize myself with the unit before I got even fancier.

Here's my question.....

If someone else already has these maps, am I able to upload them into my unit, or are they "rigged" so that you can only load them once etc. Not too technically inclined when it comes to this stuff....

Thanks,

Meely

I have the GPS 76 and all the charts for it and they are easy to up load but it does have limited storage. If either of you are going to be in my area, I'd be happy to show you how to do it and even load what I do have if you want it.

Thanks Cliff,

I just may take you up on the offer.

I'm up yer ways a whole bunch and am gonna try to make it over yer ways.

Im about 10 mins from Beano and also have plans to fish Sturgeon a whole bunch this summer. I'll let you know......Thanks Again.

Meely