GPS Question

Stoty

I have a Lowrance LMS 522 iGPS unit for my boat, with the 2007 Hotmaps chip.

I am going to buy the hand-held Lowrance iFinder H2O C next weekend as BPS.

I am wondering if I can make a copy of the chip that I use for my boat, to put in my hand-held?

I have an SD carder reader and extra card at home.

It is as simple and just copy & pasting the files from the existing card to the blank card?

Thanks,

*Stoty

from what I have been told the program you get with it does not ever look at some parts of the chip so when you try to copy, it finds a read error that stays open after it is attempted to be copied and the program will not be able to read pass the error..so as they say...toast..don't try it

I wont be using a "program" to copy it. I didnt get any software with my chip.

I have a card reader, and was going to put the exitsing card in there, copy all files (included hidden files), onto my PC, then insert the blank card into the reader, and copy all the files to the blank card.

Thats why it doesnt make sense to me as to why it would ruin the card.

It will NOT work. You probably are not using both units at the same time so just take the chip from the LMS and drop it into the H2O when you want to use the handheld. There are no options short of buying another chip.

copying it reads a part of the chip that legal use doesn't access and puts a read error on the chip so the edit program and the GPS unit can not get pass the read error

if you google it you will find a lot of info on the way they protect it and hat no one has found a way around it