Here Whitey, Whitey, Whitey...

Shelley Cooper

What an amazing day….

Chuck got yesterday off, with work being slow. Chuck arranged for us to fish another area of the lady with some friends.

We arrived and got set up by 8:30am. Within 5 min or so of fishing, Chuck looses a laker at the hole. He puts his spoon back down, and gets a hit right off. Sly’s dad starts yelling he needs some help, fish on. Chuck puts his rod down and goes to help John and John gets a nice whitey.. his first in 35+ years, He’s pumped now. Chuck later helps him land his first Laker in 40+ years. While Chuck was helping John… I start yelling for Chuck to come with the gaff.. he didn’t get there in time, but I still managed to land this nice whitey….boy.. did this one bleed a lot…

fishingFeb2708027.jpg

Chuck finally gets back to his own line and no sooner starts jigging and he’s got a fish on..

Action shot.

fishingFeb2708028.jpg

The whitey….

fishingFeb2708033.jpg

My turn again….

fishingFeb2708032.jpg

All this within the first half hour of fishing…. So, I’m sitting there thinking.. I don’t wanna go home yet.. lol So I real up, 20 ft off bottom to fish for Lakers, but still can’t keep the whites off my lure…

3rd fish of the day… 8pds 4oz and over 26 in long… My PB white fish.. and what a fight… I’d get a few reels in.. then it would take off, peeling line like no tomorrow… by the time I landed this fish, my shoulder and forearm were aching… I never had a whitey fight like that….

We tried to get a quick pic of its length, but it wouldn’t stop flopping around and we were more concerned with getting him back into the drink…and even forgot to take one of me holding him….

fishingFeb2708035.jpg

Sitting and jigging, we see a bike coming towards us… way out there in no mans waters.. lol and an older gentleman arrives.. He’s come all that way alone and his auger won’t start. He asked Chuck if he could fish with us and would Chuck please make him a hole.. of course, He did.

And here is this man with his second whitey on… He landed it and was so very happy… he packed up his stuff, thanking us for a great morning, he said he was glad his auger broke, if it hadn’t, he wouldn’t have been fishing with us… lol

I don’t know if he reads the board, but if he does… It was a pleasure…..

fishingFeb2708034.jpg

Back to my hole…. I reel up and put on an even bigger lure and stay closer to 30 ft off bottom and I still am catching whites… and get another shot of a picture with ANOTHER 8pounder…

Look at the size of this guy…. Back in the drink he went too…

fishingFeb2708037.jpg

in amongst all this… Chuck has his second whitey and starts to fish for trout and he gets another whitey too…

fishingFeb2708029.jpg

The bite started to die off around noon…. Dead calm long enough to have a coffee and lunch.. then it turned on again.. but not as furious as the morning…

A couple from the afternoon….

fishingFeb2708036.jpg

fishingFeb2708026.jpg

We didn’t get any Trout on the ice, but we seen a few landed

I ended up landing 8 white fish.. Chuck landed 4 whiteys in total, all being between 5-8pds.. In fact, I’m sure all fish caught were in that size range and none less than 22in…. We brought 4 whities home for the dinner table…. And mmmh, mmmh were they good

We lost count of the many, many fish we either had hits from, hooked and lost or even rolled.. it was simply an amazing day of fishing the lady…. You don’t get many of these days…

Wow, that a great report Shelley. You guys had a fantastic day by the looks of it. But I bet it was dang cold out there. That one Whitie is a monster. Really eating well by the looks of it.

Hopefully we'll see you Saturday.

Joey

Well it was nice to finally meet you and Chuck yesterday.

I felt pretty lucky just to be on a spot where those whities were hitting so well.

Even though I didn't get one (definitely to do with technique) at least I saw a whole pile of fish caught during the time I was out there.

My two buds and I were trying to get into our first for the last two weeks and haven't had a lot of luck.

If I didn't get one yesterday, I have to say, I don't think I will ever get one. lol

At least one of my buds got one and we had a couple more given to us as well. Thanks guys we had a blast.

As usual, Shane was doing his best to get me into a fish.

He's a great guy who likes to see his customers get into lots of fish.

I will be out again with him in a week to try so maybe we will see you guys again.

This time I will be watching Chuck's technique a little closer since I can't watch yours when you're hiding in the popup. lol.

Stan

WTG galsNguys.WTG.

Shell.......absolutely awesome lookin' whities for sure.

This is probably the first year I havent been out with Shane in some years I gotta say....

After them pics tho...I miss him large.

Happy for ya's.....

WTG

PeteNCharmin'

Shell....

Did we ever tell you that Shane anWife helped us move to our new home...

He drove the big truck for me...

PLEASE say hello howdy for me will ya.

Edited by brickNblock