Simcoe ice taxies/Whitefish help

tbayboy

Hey everyone. Lexxington has this crazy idea that because I got a whitefish last week we can pull it off again this week so we're gonna try for them again on Sunday. Now just on the off chance my lucking fishing horseshoe falls out of my butt on the way we figured it might be prudent to ask for some help since neither of us have really targeted them before.

We'll be on foot but are willing to pay if anyone can recommend an operator or ice taxi that can get us out to some decent whitey spots. I'd drive on the lake but with the tires on my integra we'd be limited to just running at the shore from the parking lot than fishing wherever the slide stops :(. Alternatively if there's any walking recommendations those would certainly be appreciated (I saw some from Crappies post a bit back but any other tips are welcome).

My best guess for walking so far from what I've seen is just to head out from innisfil beach towards the islands and stop when the depths around 50ish - is that an option or am I just dreaming?

Thanks in advance everyone (feel free to PM if you want to keep info confidential)

Sean

The walk out from Innisfil can be from 10 min to 25 minutes. We always do well in the 65 to 80 feet of water, although I havn't made it out at all this season. Dunville, Restoule and work have kept me busy.

If you want to fish the 100 feet + you will def. need a taxi service

you can walk out form INISFILL beach parking lot....most people i have seen their in the last two weeks have been walking....first set of huts is about 500yds from shore which is 50ft of water....you will mostly hit perch if you fish here.....Keep walking to the next set of huts probably about 300-400 yds further, towards the islands...that's 80ft of water....fish around the permanents....did well their last couple weeks... use williams spoons DON'T TIP WITH MINNOWS...belive it or not we started getting hits when we stopped tipping the spoons with minnows... our spreaders got nothing but tails all day....You need a sonar because most fish will stare at your lure unitl you pull it away about 10ft then hit it.....1 out of every 15 fish if your lucky will hit your Spoon !!

You can also walk out from Big Bay point or Bear Point. I hear they were doing well their also and it is a bit less of a walk...maybe 400yds to 100ft of water...

CATCH SOME FISH !!!!

Get out there and jig a #60 half and half hammered williams. Just keep jigging it......no fish in a half hour or so......move on. Keep doing that all day, and you should get a whitie. Some days you stumble onto the mother load.....some days you get one hit....then lose it.......

I always go out of JP.

Sinker

Guest gbfisher

Phone this number 705 437 7880 Ask about FOLLOWING Slyatv out onto the whitefish grounds. He is ON FISH. You will not be dissapointed. You can drive your truck out if you have one. There will be a long line of trucks going out.

Good luck. Only two weeks left.

Edited by gbfisher