Beamsville/Lincoln (NF)

solopaddler

I live in the area... Grimsby is pretty much sold out. They have no more room to grow.

Beamsville is growing out... all the houses are being build south of 8 and east of Mountain St.

If you are looking for land, more than just a building lot, prepare to pay. It's all in the greenbelt and zoning changes are nearly impossible. Even the commitee of adjustment are a tough bunch to sway.

If you are unlucky enough to get something that is covered by the escarpment commitee you are doomed. They will force you to do what they want with your land, with the law behind them.

If you don't mind an extra 10 minutes to the QEW I would look in West Lincoln or Pelham. There are nice properties around. The tax's in the Niagara region are pretty decent too.

If you want anymore info send me a PM... I know a fair amount of the people who count and can get ya set in the right direction.

cd.

Edited by Corey

I live in the area... Grimsby is pretty much sold out. They have no more room to grow.

Beamsville is growing out... all the houses are being build south of 8 and east of Mountain St.

If you are looking for land, more than just a building lot, prepare to pay. It's all in the greenbelt and zoning changes are nearly impossible. Even the commitee of adjustment are a tough bunch to sway.

If you are unlucky enough to get something that is covered by the escarpment commitee you are doomed. They will force you to do what they want with your land, with the law behind them.

If you don't mind an extra 10 minutes to the QEW I would look in West Lincoln or Pelham. There are nice properties around. The tax's in the Niagara region are pretty decent too.

If you want anymore info send me a PM... I know a fair amount of the people who count and can get ya set in the right direction.

cd.

Thanks Corey, check your pm's

Corey hit it right on.

Depending on were you want to be, look for property on top and a ways back from the escarpment. I work in Beamsville and live in the Wainfleet area on 10 acres, decent housing prices, lots of space, about a 1/2 hour drive but no traffic.

If you want more urban look at Smithville, lots of new housing going up there, the only downside is the lack of ammenities; nobody knows what the town does with the taxes it collects.

Dan

Corey hit it right on.

Depending on were you want to be, look for property on top and a ways back from the escarpment. I work in Beamsville and live in the Wainfleet area on 10 acres, decent housing prices, lots of space, about a 1/2 hour drive but no traffic.

If you want more urban look at Smithville, lots of new housing going up there, the only downside is the lack of ammenities; nobody knows what the town does with the taxes it collects.

Dan

Oh come on now... we have 3 pizza joints in Smithville! The place solopaddler is looking at looks nice, good price too. He just might see a lot of wine tour bus's cruising past his house.

If you're in Wainfleet we should get together and go do some fishing... we can do Sugarloaf or Dunnville or something.

cd.

ps. I have been doing the computer work at the township for the last 11 years... I see where the tax's go and it's all fine, especially when you consider we are the smallest township in the region by population yet the largest in land size... we have a lot of roads and one heck of a polluted industrial area, although it's getting better.

Edited by Corey

My in-laws are building in a new development off of Mountainview (I believe, just up the hill from the neighbourhood pizza joint, I haven't been to the site yet). It's a nice area that's for sure, I love the whole greater Niagara region and would have moved there if my business wasn't based in the GTA. I have a lot of friends and family down there. Property values are still halfway decent even more so the further south you get of the QEW.