C.O.'s / Fisheries Enforcement

Gawel

Was driving on the southbound 427 about 10 minutes ago and drove past a Conservation Officer getting off at Dundas. His vehicle was a little different than the pick-ups I am used to seeing. This one was a rap video style Chevy SUV which was no big deal. This SUV had "CANINE" written on the back. Now I have never seen this before nor have I come across a CO with dogs in the field before. Anyone one even experience CO's using dogs when patrolling? Are they used for special investigations?? Any info would be great.

Also, very recently in a parking lot in almost the same area, I believe it was Walmart, I also saw a Fisheries Enforcement vehicle. This one wasn't an MNR vehicle, it was a federal officers vehicle. Any information on this? Just curious what the federal enforcement officer would be enforcing compared to what an MNR CO would be enforcing.

Either way, its good to see both vehicles.

Temagami district has a dog(s). They have a nice covered bubble cutter for him to ride in as well. Always with them before Lake Trout season opens and the dog can tell the difference between a whitie and a laker buried in the snow.... 100's of feet from where you're fishin!

i'm sure someone will corr3ect me if I'm wrong, But CO's enforce the provincial regulations, and deal with the misuse of the resource. The DFO guys deal a lot more with habitat and making sure Federal regulations are followed. I'm not saying that the CO's don't enforce federal regs, i'm saying that there are some that fall specifically under the DFO.

-R-

Irishfeild said it;; same happened to me on Nipissing.. except this time he was sniffin' for

Walleye.

In my case none were to be found..... there was a CO... and a VERY VERY PRETTY 25 or so year old Handler she had a black lab.... his name was Cody.

The kids had a blast with Cody......he went on to find some frozen perch under 2" of ice.