Flu and Cold Season-NF

nelly

COLD FX - It has saved my behind more than once... 2006 Quinte GTG, for example. Woke up the day before the event with the beginnings of a nasty cold/flu. The stuff kept me on my feet, fishin and perhaps a little beverage time as well! :whistling:

Follow the instructions on the bottle and it should work. I've recommended the stuff to quite a few people and 50% said it helped them a lot and 50% said it did nothing. I'm fortunate enough to fall into the 50% that it works for! Hey Don Cherry can't be wrong all the time!

HH

Might sound a little far fetched (if your not feeling well), but when I was younger and got a cold in the winter, I would go play a game of hockey or run on a treadmill to sweat it out. Combined with as much orange juice as I could drink, and soup I could eat.

Also...(sorry to be gross), but the more fluids you get out of your body (spitting), the better as well.

Hope this helps.

Home remedy;

1. take a cup of red wine, add three tablespoons of sugar and bring to a boil, allowing the sugar to dissolve in the wine. Drink it while it's hot!

2. One packet of Neocitran, 4 oz. of Jack Daniels and mix the two together. It may not cure your cold, but you probably won't care very much anyway!LOL

HH

Poppy tea . my dear old grand ma had a backyard garden full of poppys , she would dry out the seed pods and at the first sign of a cold she would take three or so of these dryed pods and grid them up fine and steep into a tea (if you dont have any poppies in your garden the dryed pods can be bought at most dry flower suppiers ). Add lots of suger it tasted horrid if I remember but that was the end of any cold . Or maybe I just dreamed this lol

......was at the doctor today for said reason and He said common cold/flu has no known cure/remedy. It takes up to 21 days to run its entire course through the body. As in my case (real stuffy nose and rumbling cough / phlem ) he wrote a 'scrip for a nasal lubricant ( dristan/otrivin only do harm after 2 days use) and drink lots of liquid to keep the phlem loose and coming up and out.

I call this remedy "Culo Caliente" and it comes from south of the border.

(1) 16 oz. bottle of Castor Oil

(1) 2 oz. bottle of Tobasco sauce

(1) small tube gold or silver glitter

Mix all ingredients together and warm to 110*F... administer as an enema. The glitter is kind of like a fuel gauge, when your doodies don't sparkle anymore it's time for another one.

This remedy is good for whatever ails you, if nothing ails you... it's good for that too!

was a long time ago Irish , grama was dutch allways said she brought the seeds over from there dont think she was ever in Afganistn lol I do remember all the neibors loved her gardens , me and my brother would help with the weeding and such for icecream , but I remember them looking like that Big red flowers

An old Chinese gentleman gave me this cure and if you believe it I think it helps... so it goes with most home cures.

Take a tin of coca cola (not diet) pour it in a microwaveable glass or mug and heat in the microwave until very hot. Drink with 2 tylenol cold and sinus or cold and flu tablets before going to bed. Wake up able to slough through the next day... I am a very light sleeper and when I have taken the above I sleep deeply which I believe helps more than anything.

garlic_pills.JPG

Get yourself a box of these from your Naturopath or Goodness Me (or some other natural medicene shop).

They are made from Garlic and take them like this:

Day 1

AM 4 pills

PM 4 pills

Day 2

AM 3 pills

PM 3 pills

Day 3

AM 2 pills

PM 2 pills

etc, until gone

What ever you have will be gone.

Remember, I'm no Gynaecologist, but I'll take a look.