A LONG OVER DUE REPORT

canadian_copper

MY FIRST STEELHEAD REPORT OF THE YR.

USUALLY I WOULD OF HAD 60 OR 70 REPORTS BY NOW BUT HERES NUMBER 1 LOL

THIS HAS BEEN MY SECOND TIME OUT SINCE NOV.

ITS TAKEN MANY MANY YRS BUT I HAVE LEARNED SOMETHING.

FISHING IS A GREAT SPORT/HOBBY. AND A HOBBY IT SHOULD STAY.

FOR MANY YRS NOW FISHING HAS BEEN AN OBESSION FOR ME. TAKING UP 99% OF MY FREE TIME WHEN NOT WORKING.

I HAVE A WONDERFUL KID AND A BEAUTIFUL WIFE AT HOME WHICH I NEVER SEEN. I HAVE MISSED OUT ON ALOT OF THINGS CAUSE I WOULD OF RATHER OF FISHED. NOT ANYMORE. MY WIFE AND SON MEAN THE WORLD TO ME AND I LOVE SPENDING GOOD FAMILY TIME WITH THEM NOW.

SO YA ALL WILL STILL GET REPORTS JUST NOT EVERYDAY LOL

SOMEONE SAID TO ME AWHILE AGO " THE FISH WILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YA. BUT YOUR FAMILY WONT " . I'LL STILL FISH BUT IM PUTTIN ALOT MORE TIME AND EFFORT INTO MY FAMILY NOW!!!!

SO NOW ON WITH THE REPORT.

ALOT OF WATERS FROZE UP AGAIN THE PAST FEW DAYS.

HAD TO HUNT AROUND ABIT BUT FOUND SOME FISHABLE STRETCHES.

WATERS ARE LOW AND VERY CLEAR.

FAST RUNS WITH DEEP POCKETS WAS THE ONLY PLACE I COULD FIND FISH.

I WENT FOR 4 FOR 5 WITH A NICE LITTLE BROWN ADDED IN AS A B-DAY GIFT TO ME.LOL

LOTS OF SNOW TO MELT AND SHOULD REALLY BRING THE WATER TABLE UP THIS YR.

HURRY UP WARMER WEATHER LOL

TX ALL AND HOPE YA ENJOY THE PICS.

NICE LITTLE BROWNIE

005.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Edited by CANADIAN_COPPER

Way to go Scott! Both on the fish and the life realization. You are right...fishing can be addictive and relationship destroying if taken to the extreme. It sounds like you are a much happier man...keeping a balance in life is what it's all about. That being said, I still want to fish with you in the spring...LOL.

Great report....I think we're all a bit guilty when it comes to priorities and fishing!! I'm headin' up North for trout on Friday with a bunch of lads I haven't seen for years!! It was my wife that kept insisting that I go and have some fun with old friends....I plan on coming home early Sunday instead of Monday to surprise her (it's her B'day) and pamper her for the day!!! :thumbsup_anim:

I thought something had happened to you since i havent seeen any posts from you this winter.

I remember last year every 2 days there would be a report written in caps and knew it was you.

Good to see you are still alive and still catching fish and being a father and a husband at the same time.

Nice fish by the way.

nice report scott!

i have an 8 month old and missed the fall season entirely, but i have no regrets b/c i was doing what had to be done. family first!!

you have to make deposits into the relationship account before you can withdraw, and if the balance is zero...

take care, and keep up the great work.

Edited by Douger

Youve carved a niche with your CAPS LOCK lol.....so i remember alot of your posts as well, from here and other boards. And seem to remember a "lil C" in alot of them. You can have your cake and eat it too. Nothing wrong with takin the fam along with you to share in what your passionate about. Get a chromer on the end of that float rod for the wifey and she should be in for good too. Although it might put you in the poor house tryin to equip all 3 with steelhead gear lol.