Ontario place pike.... who is gonna fish first?

gforce

been a few of us (5-6 regulars and more on some days ) going at it at lunch time all winter from the foot of spadina towards ontario place. I work just up the street and spend my lunch hour casting to any open water I find . Its a hit and miss thing but you manage a fish or two every few days ( had a few browns two weeks ago but mostly snot rockets , hopefully the big guys will show up soon) keeps me going (better than the walk up the street to hootters) hope to see you guys down there .

Hi

I'm curious? Can you tell me what "snot rockets" are? :dunno::)

Thanks in advance

Has anyone seen the conditions up close….I'm looking over the harbour from downtown and looks pretty frozen out there except for a path for the ferry.

The latest cold snap froze up most spots pretty good. Some Marina's have warm water pumps near the boat launches which might be open. But with this cold weather not sure how active the pike will be.

yeah.. i think im gonig to wait for atleast another week before i head out.. just a tad too cold..

You can say that again.. I was just out at a local spot, fishing the big Lake O.. The winds were howling, the waves were pounding, and the snow was blowing.. but it was still an absolute blast because I was wetting a line for the first time in over a month! Nothing even close to a bite, but I dont care, it was still great..

it was nasty out there when i drove by in the mornin' i'll be waiting a week for sure

there's still alot of ice ,, you'd be limited in where you could throw for 'em.

what's involved in getting a harbor permit when i do get primed to hit the lake??

anyone have an idea?

I'm definitely ready for some TO Pike Action!!! I think its gonna be a while though...I was at one of my local spots, a small bay, trying for some Brown Trout earlier this week. I ended up walking a good KM or two before I even got to open water. I was going to fish this bay but ended up fishing wide open Lake O because everything else was frozen over <_< .

Someone mentioned goin out in float tubes....I got one this winter and I'm yet to use it. Id be down for some float tube Pikin!!!

-Ben

it was nasty out there when i drove by in the mornin' i'll be waiting a week for sure

there's still alot of ice ,, you'd be limited in where you could throw for 'em.

what's involved in getting a harbor permit when i do get primed to hit the lake??

anyone have an idea?

harbour licence

quite easy to pass !!

detailed toronto islands facebook site toronto island fishing fanatics

:rolleyes::o:wacko: Yeah a little nuts. :wacko: Great fishing though. I used to go out on Christmas day under OP It's a great area cause it's fairly protected from the wind but your could only spend half and hour at a time in the water otherwise you'd just start cramping up. It also got dangerous going between the ice sheets. I'd sit there and wait till they parted and gun it to the other side. I did have them close on me one time and had to hop up on top of the ice sheet before my legs got pinched off. :rolleyes: I also used to love the way people would look at me when I got on the TTC covered in Pike blood and smelling like a China town supermarket floor. Hehe!

FHR