Ontario place pike.... who is gonna fish first?

gforce

I'm itchin' to do some GTA pike fishing, but not really at Ontario Place, it's a tad out of the way.. I can't stew indoors for much longer though.. I'm really starting to go through withdrawls.. my unofficial target date for some local pike is probably going to be for next Monday because I have the day off, and the forcast calls for +2 with sun/cloud mix, so lets hope I can get out to a few local spots..

Hey let's set a date. We could even have an OFC meet and greet!! Does anyone here have a float tube and good neoprene waders?? Harbour security are starting to crack down on people fishing from shore, especially at Ontario Place. I usually tell those glorified night watchmen to gimme a wide berth, as I've never had problems with the police, who are responsible for patrolling the area I'm told. They're such a pain in the arse!

Still, the bite should pick up very soon!!

cheers

HD

been a few of us (5-6 regulars and more on some days ) going at it at lunch time all winter from the foot of spadina towards ontario place. I work just up the street and spend my lunch hour casting to any open water I find . Its a hit and miss thing but you manage a fish or two every few days ( had a few browns two weeks ago but mostly snot rockets , hopefully the big guys will show up soon) keeps me going (better than the walk up the street to hootters) hope to see you guys down there .

The season always closed in April in lake O. Geeze, I wish I was back there at this time of year! Guys, the pike are out there all winter! Some of my best days were in Late Feb, and all through march. Just look for open water! I used to fish between the cracks of ice! I don't want to burn spots for the guys that are doing the leg work so I won't openly. If some of you guys want though PM me and I'll point you in the right direction. S'up Fidel, Grant!

FHR