Finally got it.

Woodsman

it seems to be a money grab and nothing more

WHAT ISN'T these days?

It's getting pathetic actually.

Cause everyone knows that we don't pay the government enough already (income tax, property tax, gst, pst, food, liquor, etc).

I think it was mainly put in place to put some sort of control on the sea-doos and from my (limited) experience there has been less sea-doo traffic since it was introduced...so that might be worth the $65 right there.

Yah... but it shouldn't be $325 (based on your $65) from my family of 5, because others don't have the common sense to not let kids use PWC's... or adults for that matter that can't comprehend that you need POWER to turn the things.

The boaters card makes as much sense as me asking you 26 questions on air regs, you getting an 80% pass and me giving you the keys to my airplane.

You don't need a new card to regulate the age of PWC and boat drivers. Any photo ID they already own would be better proof when pulled over by the OPP vs a card that has no picture on it and could be their sisters...... or printed on any lazer printer for that matter. :whistling:

Edited by irishfield

You don't need a new card to regulate the age of PWC and boat drivers. Any photo ID they already own would be better proof when pulled over by the OPP vs a card that has no picture on it and could be their sisters...... or printed on any lazer printer for that matter.

have to agree with that, good point.

I think it was mainly put in place to put some sort of control on the sea-doos and from my (limited) experience there has been less sea-doo traffic since it was introduced...so that might be worth the $65 right there.

I agree with you about the PWC's(sea-doos).

But $65??

I paid only $30 to challenge the test. Of course this didn't include "you don't pass - you don't pay".

Two other providers were there with the "you don't pass - you don't pay" deal. One was $50 & I didn't inquire about the other.

Read the "Safe Boating Guide" & know port form starboard & a cardinal buoy and a maker buoy and you should pass no problem. Multiple choice which in most cases you can rule out 2 of the 4 answers. Common sense will give you most of the other answers not covered in the guide. I scored 49 out of 50.

Best Wishes: Rick