Niagara Weekend Report Feb 23&24 2008 (pics)

Cast Adventures

The River was very kind to us this weekend! Water Conditions were over 3 feet and the classic blue/green of the Niagara.

305573885.jpg

At times floating ice chunks were heavy, but didn’t affect boat control or the fishing.

305573892.jpg

Anglers from shore seemed to be doing pretty good! I helped land a 12.2lb buck steelhead while putting my boat in the water on Sat. The Steelhead was hooked on one of Cliffs custom tied streamers! That was the biggest steelhead I’ve seen in 2008. We didn’t go above the dams, all fish were caught on the Canadian side of the River.

305820769.jpg

Small hot pink, loose rainbow bags were the hot ticket both Saturday & Sunday. We did hit a few fish on Live Minnows, and one on a blue/silver Kwick fish.

305820779.jpg

Our biggest Steelhead weighted just under 12lbs on the scale.

305573895.jpg

Check out the teeth marks on this lucky ( not to have been eaten) little Brown trout!

305821333.jpg

Great weekend on the Lower Niagara! :thumbsup_anim:

See you on the River,

Paul Castellano

Cast Adventures

Good stuff. Having toned my fishing down over the winter, for me its been since December that I was able to fish the Niagara with good clarity like we had last weeked. Although the day I was there was productive, the amount of ice in the areas I was fishing was enough to annoy the most patient of people. Its tough to stay away from that river though.