What a great Sunday to spend outside!..

TroutnMuskieHunter

We couldn't of asked for a better day yesterday if you were doing any type of outdoor activities.. :Gonefishing: The sun was warm, and the wind was light...hopefully spring is around the corner along with the soft water season. :clapping:

It was great to finally see the CO's out and about on the river...YES... 2 of them!!! The senior CO is a regular and he was with a rookie that was sent down from Cochrane. They had new sleds and they knew how to drive them... They were out on Friday and again yesterday!! Friday they were checking for hut registration#'s and yesterday they were hoping to find the owners of the non-registered huts .....

They nailed a guy just a few hundred yards from me with TOO MANY LINES ... :thumbsup_anim: 4 lines to be exact according to the CO...it was the rookies first "bust" :clapping: ....very nice to see these guys out again!!!

Fishing was great....lots of fat perch, a few eating size sauger and eyes, and a 5lb pike....

20080224_0002.jpg

4 lines eh, can probably blame that on todays "New Math", if you're allowed 4 single hooks on one line, and, if you spread them out, is it okay to have 4 lines with a single hook, you don't have any more hooks in the water, damm math teachers, always getting people in trouble. :wallbash:

Nice fish troutnmuskiehunter.

I was out on the weekend on Frenchman's Bay for a few hours but we didn't get even a nibble.

I did however take a couple of pics of the guy next to me with about 8 lines down. He was the only guy out there from about 20 people that had more than the legal limit.

You count them in the pic, I think I counted 10 at one time. He was looking around all the time and I am sure he knew that he was in the wrong. I wandered over and told him that the law says two lines and he just laughed at me and said "On the rock, nobody tells us how many or how much". Don't know exactly what that meant but I just walked back to my tipups and continued fishing.

Funny thing, when I was leaving, I was saying to a bud that I didn't know what I was going to do with all the minnows I had left and boy did he come over to have a look in my minnow box in a hurry. I never offered and he never asked, I just made sure to give them to someone within visual sight when I was leaving.

When I got half way off the bay at the end of the day I heard him yelling and looked back to see him hoisting a very large Pike up to show the others, Man that frosts me!!!

What would all of you have done? I have heard that if you call the MNR, they don't show up in the majority of cases and I didn't plan on being out there much longer anyway.

Sorry if I hijacked your thread but it just occurred to me that I might have been able to do more to stop this guy from doing this again in the future, I just don't know what action that would have been.

Ice_Fishing_002__Large_.jpg

Ice_Fishing_003__Large_.jpg

You don't carry a gun or a badge fnf... pick your cell and make the call. I have the local CO's for GBay, Simcoe County and Temagami region in my phone to go direct to them and skip the tips line. They do answer! Anytime you get checked by a CO.. tell him it's great to see him out and ask for his business card.

Good advice Wayne....way to too many Loonie Toons out there to try and confront yourself...if you can't get hold of your district MNR office, you can also contact the local police...I believe they also have the authority to lay charges for breaking Ontario Fishing regulations....I know for sure that the Ottawa Police have charged locals out here on the ice for not producing a fishing license....

You don't carry a gun or a badge fnf... pick your cell and make the call. I have the local CO's for GBay, Simcoe County and Temagami region in my phone to go direct to them and skip the tips line. They do answer! Anytime you get checked by a CO.. tell him it's great to see him out and ask for his business card.

Very good advice indeed irishfield, unfortunately (and I do mean "unfortunately"), I have not been approached by the MNR or the OPP this season at all. They are few and far between and that is likely why this guy has the balls to be putting 8 or 9 lines down to begin with.

It is a bit of a catch 22.

When I was younger (long time ago) I had some stickers that a friend gave me that you could wet and stick on a windshield, preferably smack dab in the middle of the driver's side that said something to the effect of "BUDDY, THANKS FOR PARKING SO CLOSE, NEXT TIME LEAVING A $%#@^&* CAN OPENER SO I CAN GET MY $#@&*$# DOOR OPEN!!!! They were the hardest things to get off your windshield and most would have to drive with them on for a day or two before they could get them off completely. I am thinking maybe a little sign that says"If you are going to poach, please pick somewhere else to do it or next time...

Anyone know where I can get some of these made up with lickable crazy glue haha.

It is very difficult to ignore these ignoramus's but what can you do?