My first ever fish fry....

ccmtcanada

Well, I've been on this board for over a year now, and bly and I pretty much live release everything we catch. Well, at the Fishing for Tyler event yesterday, we brought home a bunch of perch with the idea of trying our first fish fry.....

<BR><BR>

Ok...so we had a sink full of Perch....had to figure out how to clean them all...<BR>

DSCN4971.jpg

<BR>

A quick search on the internet brings up a bunch of videos and sites that show you how to clean fish. So, I chose one of them and decided to try to clean them. I'm sure I left some meat on them, but I managed to get thru this exercise in about 45 minutes. I had my helper handing me the fish one at a time, while I sliced them up.....<BR>

DSCN4976.jpg

<BR><BR>

DSCN4974a.jpg

<br>

Then, using TJs secret batter recipe, we fried them up...and the kitchen was filled with sweet smells!

<br><br>

<embed width="320" height="240" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i120.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/ccmtcanada/Fishing%20for%20Tyler%202008/DSCN4998.flv">

<br><BR>

And here's the final result....and it turned out great!!!

DSCN5001.jpg

Edited by ccmtcanada

I am having a hard time believing that someone with 4199 posts on a fishing forum has never cleaned a fish before! There’s hope for me yet.

I cleaned my first fish last summer (at the tender age of 45). It is still frozen in the freezer.

It looks like it was a nice father daughter bonding moment, and thanks for the great video.

I am having a hard time believing that someone with 4199 posts on a fishing forum has never cleaned a fish before! There’s hope for me yet.I cleaned my first fish last summer (at the tender age of 45). It is still frozen in the freezer.It looks like it was a nice father daughter bonding moment, and thanks for the great video.
I just take it for granted everybody knows how to clean fish (but I don't just let anybody clean my fish). I've been cleaning fish since I was 7 yrs. old and it's second nature to me.You can learn a lot by cleaning fish, the anotomy of different species and their diet. I always open up the stomachs on mine to have a look see what they had for breakfast.

I am having a hard time believing that someone with 4199 posts on a fishing forum has never cleaned a fish before! There’s hope for me yet.

I cleaned my first fish last summer (at the tender age of 45). It is still frozen in the freezer.

It looks like it was a nice father daughter bonding moment, and thanks for the great video.

There is always hope lol

As we were fishing yesterday Cliff was tellimg to me that I had work to do when I got home.....no worries, received a new fillet nice for Christmas and was looking forward to using it.....surprise....Cliff decided to give it a try! He did a great job!

What??? LOL. It's true...most of my fish are caught in Lake Ontario, and I still remember the days in the 70's when the warnings were around about not eating anything from the lake. I just started fishing a year and a half ago (after a 20 year break) and today was the first time I ever tried to clean and cook fish. These perch were out of Simcoe so I thought, why not?? :lol:

There is always hope lol

As we were fishing yesterday Cliff was tellimg to me that I had work to do when I got home.....no worries, received a new fillet nice for Christmas and was looking forward to using it.....surprise....Cliff decided to give it a try! He did a great job!

He probably just got tired of waiting for you to get off the phone Bly !

Mmmm, now I'm hungry. Looks like you did a pretty great job cleaning, got some nice sized filets.

So, tell me, how did you get TJ's secret recipe. Obviously not a secret anymore then eh :lol:

Joey

He revealed it to Bly in a drunken state at Lakair last year...sworn to secrecy of course....

The reciepe that is...get yer mind out of the gutter!! :lol:

Cliff... nice job bud.... Your one of the lucky few I share that recipe with.... lol.. but if i recall I had had a few and bly was hittin' on me.... hard to not give it up!!!

And Joey... we can make a deal... as long as Pauls not around....