Fishmaster's 5th Annual Walleye Ice Tournament Report

Fishmaster

Our Fifth Annual Walleye Ice Fishing Tournament was a great success.

Thank You to all the companies below who sponsored our event with prizes.

Candian Tire Dunnville, Dunnville Post Office Depot/Sears, Fishergirl, Standout Hooks, Koppers Baits, Fishing World, Okuma, Hamilton Art Gallery, Lloyds Value Tire, Turkstra Lumber, McGill Motors, Fishmasters Bait and Tackle, Scotty Downriggers, Coldwell Banker Amalfi Realty, Fish TV, RedWing Tackle, HT Enterprise, Big N Floats.

Feb2308tourney008.jpg

The day began bright and early with a shotgun start at 7:00 am. Everyone left the mouth of the marina and headed to their spots. At 2:00pm we gathered on the ice to do our draw for prizes and award the following people for their catches.

First Place of $735.00 dollars went to George Schmidt weighing 7.85 lbs

Feb2308tourney003.jpg

Feb2308tourney021.jpg

Second Place of $550.00 dollars went to Nick Katalinich weighing 6.60 lbs

Feb2308tourney020.jpg

Third Place of $185.00 dollars went to Court Rose weighing 4.11 lbs

Feb2308tourney005.jpg

There was one catfish caught which weighed 2.87 lbs for $185.00 and was caught by Scott Smallwood

Feb2308tourney015.jpg

Feb2308tourney004.jpg

There were no Crappie caught during this event so the Prize of $185.00 was awarded by raffle draw.

In total 203 people attended.

The weather was perfect, many eater size walleye were caught. Two lip tags were seen on fish released today and all fish appeared heathy.

Feb2308tourney014.jpg

Feb2308tourney013.jpg

Feb2308tourney012.jpg

Feb2308tourney011.jpg

Feb2308tourney001.jpg

Feb2308tourney006.jpg

It was awesome to see how much fun was being had out on the ice, from so many prizes going out to watching the young man ice skating while his dad fished. With so many people out, the current, and number of lures down there the walleye were certainly co operative.

Feb2308tourney016.jpg

Raffle Tickets were sold on two items, a Yukon Clam Ice Hut, won by Santo Amalfi and a Framed Print of the Dunnville Dam, won by Tim Battenberg.

Again thank you to EVERYONE who attended… It is the people that show up to these events that make them a success.

This was the first time I have really Helped Steve out when it came to running a Tournament and I have to say , I had no clue about the amount of work that goes into these events, starting months in advance.

Kudo's to all those that have done this in the past.

Having an opportunity to be a part of something like this has given me a new insight into the people who make the sport of fishing what it is. From the smiles on everyone's faces in the morning, before dawn, to the comradery on the ice, it was a truly wonderful day!

My sons , Zachary and Christian had a blast helping out and meeting everyone... From my little Family , thank you for coming out... we had a great time out there!

Cheers,

Jen

Edited by Jen

I also had a great day fishin with the "ol man",,,,wish we had gotten some fish but hey the company was good and everyone was haveing a good time out there,,,,was a nice little surprise!! thanks again for a memorable day,,,,would have liked to make it up to the fishing for tyler event but ended up being to far for me...looks like it went over well too!