Sorry Dawg !

Beans

Tried the Sabiki rig you gave me at Lakair under a tip-up the past two days with minnows and all I caught was a dinky little perch...

The Crappie bite was so lite they barely moved the stick...

My partner Big Cliff managed to land three on a plain hook and sinker with a pinhead minnow...good on him as he didn't get to fish at the Tyler event yesterday...(busy, busy, busy)

Also had a few lite hits on the free Hammerhead jigs but missed them too...looking forward to using everything again ...thanks Ryan and Glen :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Beans

Clamp-it...He had the underwater camera monitor in the back of the truck to view it better...didn't matter much as the water was quite stained...

You didn't think we were electro-shocking the fishes did you?

Hmmm...there's a thought !!! :w00t:

Got to try my Aqua-View out for ice fishing for the first time since I got it, unfortunatly the water was so tea stained even with the lights turned on full I could only see about 3' so it wasn't much help. I had put it in the back of the truck so I could plug it into the 12V outlet instead of using the internal battery and to make the screen easier to see. We were fishing in 31' of water and bottom temp was 35°F. (anyone tried rigging it so the camera points straight down instead of horizontally)?

While the catching wasn't the greatest the fishing with my buddy Beans was, as always, very enjoyable. Ice conditions were excellent with a solid 14-16" of ice no slush, and only about 3-4" of snow on it which made driving out quite easy. (we don't like to walk too far anymore LOL)

I talked to several other groups that were fishing in the same area as we were, no one else was doing any better than we were, one very nice man I got to talk with fishes there on a regular basis and he spent a good bit of time showing me how his flasher worked and explaining why he prefers it over using a graph type of unit. Expensive unit but it was quite impressive. Even then, he only had three fish on the ice so he wasn't doing any better than we were.

He was saying that the crappie had started to disperse and were moving out into other areas of the lake but that he has had days where he caught over 150 in only a few hours (didn't say if he kept them all). He doesn't use live bait, just a small white tube jig and no sinker on his line (other than the jig) he claims it spooks the fish. Strangly my best producer for crappie through the ice has always been a small hook with a pin head minnow and a single piece of split shot about a foot up the line.

Anyway as Beans mentioned, even though the sun came out and you could feel the warmth right through your clothing, once the wind came up we started to feel the cold and rather than stay and be uncomfortable we decided to call it a day and headed off the ice about 12:30. Going to try for the evening bite one day this week if the weather cooperates but it isn't looking good at this point, figures, season closes the 29th, and next week looks promising as far as the weather is conserned. Oh well, soft water will be here soon!