Amazing hour!

kemper

So this morning I was sitting on the couch watching fishing shows when I got the twitch. It was time to go fishing!

Packed up my float gear and left for the local trib determined to find some fishable water. I was greeted at one of my favourite spots with some open water (key word some) and perfect conditions. Three drifts in steelheal number one was on the line, a big strong male.

med_gallery_256_231_134323.jpg

After the ice was broken, I got two more fish and lost a fourth all in ONE HOUR. I had limited time today because of assignments etc that need to be done for school and let me tell you it was the most amazing hour of the winter.

I kept the nice female for eggs and dinner, almost never keep them but I was out of roe...

med_gallery_256_231_121665.jpg

Some more pictures from an amazing day...

med_gallery_256_231_204223.jpg

med_gallery_256_231_222896.jpg

back to the homework...

What a gorgeous fish and pic. You could use that for an ad. Makes me want to try it for sure! Nice job. What reel are you using? Someday I'll be looking for a used setup and being it's your fave setup, maybe I'll file that info in the back of my brain for future reference. Man, I'm jealous. I should have started fishing twenty years ago. Soooo much to learn.

Edited by kennyman