Belcarra Regional Park

brandon

Today I drove to Belcarra Regional Park which is located East of Vancouver and took a few photos(280ish).....I did some research on the park and knew the spots I wanted to check out.....first on the list......White Pine Beach/Sasamat Lake

here are a couple kids playing in the sand of White Pine Beach....

024_5_6_tonemappedwebsite.jpg

2 shots of some lifesaving devices.....

039_40_tonemappedwebsite.jpg

065_6_7_tonemappedwebsite.jpg

and here are two pictures taken on my walk around Sasamat Lake

103_4_5_tonemappedwebsite.jpg

112_3_4_tonemappedwebsite.jpg

The next place I wanted to check out was Woodhaven Swamp. After walking a good distance along the side of this swamp I came to realize there was no real good place to get a photo from....so I had to resort to using my cat like balancing skills to manuever about 30' out into the swamp on a tree......thankfully the picture turned out alright and I stayed dry....

133_4_5_tonemappedresize.jpg

Next on my list of places to visit was Bedwell Bay. It is located on the eastern side of the peninsula that makes up Belcarra Park. There is a trail that leads all the way down the centre of the peninsula all the way to the tip. Once at the tip you have a great view facing north of Indian Arm and nearby Jug Island. I started along the Jug Island trail from the parking lot and after hiking for about an hour I was wondering if there was even access to Bedwell Bay. Sure enough there was a tiny trail to my right and it lead me right to it.....

150_1_2_tonemappedwebsite.jpg

While exlporing the bay I came across this Cormorant warming itself in the sun....

233website.jpg

I headed back up the side trail and continued north to Jug Island where I took this final picture.....

252_3_4_tonemappedwebsite.jpg