Fishing for Tyler, THANKS !!!

motv8tr

Hey all, first of all let me say a huge thank you to everyone here on behalf of Tyler's parents, you will hear from them later, they were completely overwhelmed by the generosity of so many, especially by the fact that most have never met Tyler.

First of all we had a record number of participants this year....123 people registered, we raised a total of 3333.82 today and this does include the money I have recieved from both the B of Q get together and the early bird auction. I have not counted the money I am still waiting for. Also this was the best year for media attention! If you didn't get to see the 6pm news on the VR you might see it at 11pm if you're interested. I was thrilled to see it was a story not just on today and Tyler, but on the struggle all people living with Autism go through. I have to thank K-Dawg for the extra media, without him getting in touch with his contacts, things might have been different so thanks again Karl, and I hope you got some rest :D

The top fish was caught by Tony B and measured in at 25". second was TBay Boy at 22 1/2", and third was Aaron with 18 1/2"

For Perch it was Lexxington with 10 1/2", a 2 way tie at 10" by Fisherman and Gerrit, third was 9 7/8 by Theresa McDonald

med_gallery_46_17_585.jpg

gallery_46_17_13726.jpg

med_gallery_46_17_30049.jpg

I'd like to thank the cooks Big Cliff and Loonietoon as well as Big Cliffs son CJ who did all manner of things to help me out :D

gallery_46_17_26078.jpg

thanks to all of you it was a GREAT day :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

gallery_46_17_60602.jpg

gallery_46_17_86557.jpg

gallery_46_17_61014.jpg

While as I said this was the best year yet, I have to say it was great to see so many young people this year!! It made my day to see that!

I've read most of the posts and comments about this year's event, and I would like to say thank you for all the nice comments, just know I do not do any of this on my own, and if it weren't for the amazing group of people in this community this day could never have happened, so Kudo's to you all!!!

I also need to say thanks to Tinbanger who was instrumental in getting so many of the Prizes, along with Starbucks of Barrie for the coffee and Hot Chocolate, Sobey's of Alcona for the Burgers and Hot Dogs along with all the condiments, Weston's Bakery for the buns for the Sausages and Chicken, Tony for the Chicken, John Kerr for the mention in the Toronto Sun, Al Flaherty's for the box of prizes, Bass Pro Shops for their contibutions, and of course Hammer Head Lures for their incredible generosity!!!! I'm sorry if I didn't mention someone, please do not feel slighted, everyone's contribution was appreciated to the point that saying thank you seems inadequate

Now that all being said... BRING ON SPRING AND THE SOFT WATER!!! :D

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

Maureen,

Thank YOU for taking the time to organize this event year after year. This was our second time out and you can count on our support for many years to come. We had a great time as usual...and it warms the heart when you sum things up like you did in your report. OFC is truly a community...one that helps each other out when support is needed the most.

Thanks again for all the hard work Maureen, it is great to see another successful event go off without a hitch!

It seems each year that passes that more and more people find out about this and the media attention this year should help with the next event too!

It was a nice day and made better by knowing it was all for a great cause.

Tony

Maureen,

On behalf of myself and the rest of Team-X at Extreme Angler TV, "thank you" for inviting us.

We we`re more than happy to show our support to this very worthy event-

I`m glad some of our media contacts and partners took the time to assist in the promotion and coverage of the event;

And a big "hats off" congrats to all of the OFC members who participated and shared a smile, fish talk and some decent fish for our cameraman Ken.

I hope the draw prize winners enjoy the great prizes our sponsors donated for the lucky ones in attendance.

A detailed report will featured on Extreme Angler TV during season seven.

K-Dawg

http://www.extremeanglertv.com

Thanks Kelvin but the only credit I can take is for having a great time with friends...

You guys deserve all the credit for manning the tables, (registration, prizes and food)...and giving up your fishing time to make it all happen... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

You guys certainly had a great day....sounds like a great time was had by all, and all for a worthy cause....what could be better???

Ill see about going next year.....have not been ice fishing yet ever.....and thinking that next year I may give it a go (Should have a floatation suit by then).

I was up there today (Wifes parents live on the west side of Simcoe just north of Carthew Bay) and it looked awesome out there.....kinda made me want to go out and give it a shot.

WTG everyone!!!!

Bill

It certainly does look like you all had a great day. I took at peek at the video clip that Terry posted and even though I was not there in person, I was in spirit. Tyler is a very cute young man....happy to hear that OFC and others have helped to ease the family's financial burden. Great Stuff!!

Good job Moe!! Once again it was nice to see so many friends out on the ice.. and a child in need gets a helping hand... I wish more tournaments were done like this, for this reason... To help out others that can use a leg up and not for personal gain. Thank you to all those that helped out and to the sponsors for your donations. I had a great day on the water and had a chance to catch up with some friends I have not seen in awhile. This to me is what fishing is all about!

G

Cold morning and got really nice as the day went on, was nice to finally meet people from the board

and chat about Fishing and being part of a good cause and one thing for sure is i am gonna be there

next year.

Nice work to all the people who put it together :clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

It was a pleasure to participate and see so many familiar faces.

Glad I could be a part of it. Unfortunately, I had to scoot

home early to get my son to his hockey game.

Hope to see everyone again at the same event next year.

Great job MO.

Bravo Maureen, really glad to see the good $$ numbers. My son's in Saturday school so we couldn't make it there although we wanted to.

Maybe next year we'll skip school to go ice fishing and if I had access to a truck like someone going thru GTA with a pickup, I could bring a giant charcoal BBQ that could quickly feed 150-200 as the event seems to have outgrown the BBQ's Cliff and company were working on.